HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Community hub Blue Colony...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:19 PM

Community hub Blue Colony Diner more like a funeral home after 27 innocent victims murdered in cold

Community hub Blue Colony Diner more like a funeral home after 27 innocent victims murdered in cold blood by madman Adam Lanza

“One of the mothers that came in today told me one of the two brothers, the shooter, had said his mom, a teacher, spent more time with those little kids than he did with him and his brother,” Pat added. “That’s a brand-new kind of sick. I tell ya, people know about the Blue Colony all over Connecticut and the country, open 24 hours, big parties after local sports games. Politicians campaign in here. I seen all kind of people meet and later marry out of here. It’s like the diner in the movie ‘Diner.’ I’ve seen good days and bad, happy days and sad. But today is the worst day I remember here in the Blue Colony in 40 years.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/shooting-leaves-patrons-conn-diner-stunned-article-1.1220776

2 replies, 458 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Community hub Blue Colony Diner more like a funeral home after 27 innocent victims murdered in cold (Original post)
FarCenter Dec 2012 OP
LiberalEsto Dec 2012 #1
FarCenter Dec 2012 #2

Response to FarCenter (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:30 PM

1. I posted this earlier today in Good Reads

http://www.democraticunderground.com/101650483

It is one hell of a column about a shattered community..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LiberalEsto (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 06:40 PM

2. The Blue Colony Diner is just off I-84 about a half mile from the school.

They have big billboards on I-84. I've eaten there when driving to Boston. Maybe 3 stars.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread