HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 14 year old poses on FACE...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:12 PM

14 year old poses on FACEBOOK with guns before killing woman

WTF!!!! http://newsone.com/2100830/todavia-s-cleckley-marcus-velasquez-beaver-falls/

4 replies, 893 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply 14 year old poses on FACEBOOK with guns before killing woman (Original post)
bigdarryl Dec 2012 OP
John1956PA Dec 2012 #1
ZombieHorde Dec 2012 #2
bigdarryl Dec 2012 #3
ZombieHorde Dec 2012 #4

Response to bigdarryl (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:32 PM

1. I think the photo was posted after the crime, which occurred in my area of Western PA.

The sequence of events is not yet clear. From the reports which I have read, the photo was posted on the Facebook page of one of the suspects after the crime occurred. I suppose there is some possibility that the photo may have been posted by a third party, but, of course, such third party would have to know the password.

I have not read any report addressing the question of whether the photograph was taken before or after the crime occurred.

The crime and the victim's death occurred exactly one week ago.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bigdarryl (Original post)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:39 PM

2. I don't like that we charge minors as adults.

Either 14-year-old people are as responsible as adults, or they are not as responsible as adults.

Reply to this post

Response to ZombieHorde (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:48 PM

3. You wouldn't think that if you worked where I worked

Between 1986 to 1997 I worked as a Correction Officer in a Juvenile Prison in NJ. These kids were between 13 up to 18 and let me tell you they are RUTHLESS!!! I supervised numerous kids who killed people including a couple of them who killed there parents and most of them said they would do it again.

Reply to this post

Response to bigdarryl (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 15, 2012, 05:51 PM

4. I don't care about their crimes. Either they are as responible as adults, or they're not.

If we try minors as adults, then I think they should get the benefits of adults; e.g., voting.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread