HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Local Washington State NR...

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:11 PM

Local Washington State NRA Chapter responds to shooting

Pretty standard responses. I am posting as is...not sure why it's written without any paragraphs etc.

http://news.yahoo.com/members-local-nra-respond-todays-212621229.html

This morning, I called up members of the Washington State Rifle and Pistol Association—the official state affiliate of the National Rifle Association—to get their reactions to day's mass elementary-school shooting in Connecticut. I wanted to find out what NRA members proposed in order to keep our school children and malls and movie theaters and other public spaces safe. Here are their thoughts: Legislative Chairman Joe Waldron, 66, Bellevue: What are your thoughts on today's school shooting, which is just the last in a long line of public shootings? It’s difficult to comment; We don’t know the details of what occurred yet.I have no doubt that we’re going to see 100 new laws proposed in Olympia, another 100 in DC. But the bottom line is, in almost every instance when a mass shooting like this occurs, it occurs in an area where guns are prohibited. This creates an environment where people can’t protect themselves. When you have a psychopath deciding that he wants to make some type of a statement, historically those are the places they choose—places where guns are prohibited. What’s also historically true, the police are never there in time to stop the individual. Even when they’re apprehended, it’s usually after the shooter has stopped shooting. Are you suggesting that the school teachers should’ve been armed?We’ll never know! Am I advocating arming all teachers? Not necessarily. But current state laws prohibit them from being armed and I’m questioning whether that’s the best policy. If guns were as evil as people claim they are, you’d hear about mass shootings at gun shows. Never happens. Police stations. Again, never happens. These things only happen when these nutcases are able to go someplace knowing that they’re perfectly safe to do what they want to do.[b}

18 replies, 1710 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Tripper11 (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:11 PM

1. the statement of cowards

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Skittles (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:15 PM

6. Indeed...

Guess he did hear about the shooting in a police station back east last mo the scond time that happened in the same town.

Horse-blindered cowards.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:13 PM

2. Fuck 'em

Reply to this post

3. Your Years Are Numbered.

As the white male diminishes, you will fade away.

Reply to this post

4. Yeah, because it'd be no big deal for a elementary school teacher to keep a gun right where

she could get at it in her classroom. Yep. No way that would ever cause any problems.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:14 PM

5. Fuck these cold blooded cowards.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:17 PM

7. I'm still recommending that we have serious armed guards at every entrance to our schools.

This will increase the school budgets, but it will be more than worth while, given today's events.

Reply to this post

Response to teddy51 (Reply #7)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:19 PM

9. Good god no

Yes, let's make schools like prisons.

No
Way

Reply to this post

Response to SoonerPride (Reply #9)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:22 PM

10. Okay, we can just go on mourning our dead little people. I'm certain that those parents

that lost there little people today would not agree with you.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:26 PM

11. My little town where nothing happens has a police officer on duty and a metal detector

It is expensive because adding an extra police officer means health care, pension and everything. We decided to go with the real thing instead of a security guard because it is really the gold standard. Our population is under 6,000 but it was a very popular addition for the grammar school.

Reply to this post

Response to Walk away (Reply #11)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:29 PM

12. I totally agree with that. Teachers should not have to be policemen/women, cause they are

there to teach and not protect.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:30 PM

13. At all my kids schools

you go into an entry hall. There are doors there that can only be opened from the inside. You have to go into the office, show ID, state the reason you are there and then they will open the door for you if need be. Is this a fool proof precaution, no. It is better than placing armed guards at every door.

It may have not even work in this scenerio. Perhaps not allowing personal visitors, without prior approval would be a good rule.

Reply to this post

Response to mercuryblues (Reply #13)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:34 PM

16. I have no problem with this, if it keeps our students and teachers safe. My solution is probably

a last resort, but I think it would be full proof. I never added metal detectors in my posts, but hey why not?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:18 PM

8. Are they seriously advocating teachers across the country arm themselves?

THIS is the society they want? Where fucking elementary school teachers have to be armed? And how do they propose teachers keep the weapons secure from the kids while still being accessible at a moment's notice?

Fuck the NRA. They've lost all perspective.

Reply to this post

Response to magellan (Reply #8)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:33 PM

15. yes

because on top of planning the day, grading homework, lunch duty, bus duty, detention duty and crossing guard duty; teachers will now be expected to do gun duty.

Their reviews will hinge on how good of a shot they are.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:35 PM

17. Literally, this their answer to everything.

School shootings....more guns needed.
Hijacking....more guns needed.
Divorce rate increasing....more guns needed.
Graffiti.....more guns needed.
Ring around the collar.....more guns needed.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:35 PM

18. Looks like it to me

Washington is losing its only liberal talk radio. Portland already did.
Look for these asshats to grow -and Republicans will win elections there.

Propaganda works.
There are plenty of right wing radio stations. Don't need yet another sports station. But that's what is going to get air time.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 10:32 PM

14. To Douchebag Waldron: Shouldn't we have the right to go where we want perfectly safe and

without fear of getting murdered by the NRA's guns??

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread