HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » UPDATED – Tentgate: What ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:57 PM

UPDATED – Tentgate: What really happened?

http://www.eclectablog.com/2012/12/tentgate-what-really-happened.html

By Eclectablog on December 14, 2012 in Events, Michigan

Curiouser and curiouser…

The destruction of the two Americans for Prosperity tents on the grounds of the Michigan State Capitol building during Tuesday’s anti-Right to Work for Less rally has stirred interest nationally.

Those on the right portray it as a violent upheaval of “union thugs” and “union goons” who acted as predicted: with violence and mayhem and racism and vandalism.

Those on the left have framed it as anti-union conservative groups getting their just desserts for their harmful attacks on working men and women.

The truth, I believe, is that union members at the rally were stoked to a fever pitch by Americans for Prosperity’s huge footprint in the middle of their rally and by intentionally antagonistic Fox News and Breitbart.com operatives who were there to incite reaction and film it. Why? To help further their narrative that we shouldn’t care about the attacks on the rights of union members because VIOLENCE. VIOLENCE! VIOLENCE!!!

FULL info with videos at link!!!

Another update: UPDATE: Thanks to @NicoleGennette who informs me that “Fedora Guy” is actually Stacy M. Swimp, president of the Frederick Douglass Society. Clint Tarver’s wife, the Vice-Chair for Ethnic Outreach for the Michigan Republican Party is on the FDS advisory board.

A visit to Swimp’s website shows a photo of him at the rally confirming that it is him. Swimp is part of the ultra-conservative National Center for Public Policy Research. As it turns out, so is Steven Crowder, who is a “media fellow” according to NCPPR blogger Amy Ridenour.

2 replies, 455 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply UPDATED – Tentgate: What really happened? (Original post)
Omaha Steve Dec 2012 OP
hedgehog Dec 2012 #1
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #2

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:59 PM

1. Why were those tents there in the first place?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Omaha Steve (Original post)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 03:25 PM

2. I read here at DU ...

that chowder, in an interview, acknowledged pushing some guys, before the punching started. I'm not sure whether it was the guy that got up swinging though.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021977034

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread