HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So Let Me Get This Straig...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:40 PM

So Let Me Get This Straight... A Highly Qualified African-American Women Is Steam-Rolled Into

withdrawing her consideration for nomination for Secretary of State, purportedly because the fight wasn't worth it, a sitting Democratic Senator may just give up his seat in Mass. to fill the SecState position, taking the risk that that seat could possibly go to a Republican (The Revenge of Scott Brown), AND... we're gonna put ANOTHER Republican in as Secretary of Defense (Chuck Hagel)...

AFTER THE DEMOCRATS JUST HANDED THE REPUBLICANS THEIR ASSES !!!

WOW !!!

That's some change I could never have imagined... let alone believe in.

24 replies, 1415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 24 replies Author Time Post
Reply So Let Me Get This Straight... A Highly Qualified African-American Women Is Steam-Rolled Into (Original post)
WillyT Dec 2012 OP
banned from Kos Dec 2012 #1
WillyT Dec 2012 #3
JI7 Dec 2012 #2
WillyT Dec 2012 #7
alcibiades_mystery Dec 2012 #4
WillyT Dec 2012 #8
alcibiades_mystery Dec 2012 #10
WillyT Dec 2012 #11
alcibiades_mystery Dec 2012 #13
Skittles Dec 2012 #19
WillyT Dec 2012 #20
BlueStreak Dec 2012 #5
bluestate10 Dec 2012 #6
MotherPetrie Dec 2012 #9
Iggy Dec 2012 #12
fadedrose Dec 2012 #14
democrattotheend Dec 2012 #15
WillyT Dec 2012 #16
BrightKnight Dec 2012 #17
fadedrose Dec 2012 #18
Comrade_McKenzie Dec 2012 #21
WillyT Dec 2012 #23
Warren Religion Dec 2012 #22
realestatebirddog Dec 2012 #24

Response to WillyT (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:45 PM

1. Politics is dirty filthy shit, Willy.

You may be too polite to fully comprehend.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to banned from Kos (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:51 PM

3. Oh Yeah... It Certainly Can Be... I Thought We Were Smarter Than That Though...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:48 PM

2. Hagel at defense under Obama is like Lieberman at Defense under McCain

Hagel endorsed Obama for President.

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:54 PM

7. Seriously... I'm Not That Bothered By The Hagel Possibility... Although Maybe I Should Be...

But that just seems to add insult to all the other injures.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:52 PM

4. Tell us again how progressive Democratic voters will reject Obama!

We love that part of your story!

Reply to this post

Response to alcibiades_mystery (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:58 PM

8. Please Don't Put Words In My Mouth... I NEVER Said That... And I Voted For The Guy...

All I want for Chistmas... IS SOME FUCKING BACKBONE !

Is that too much to ask ?

Reply to this post

Response to WillyT (Reply #8)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:12 PM

10. You'll invent anything to down the Prez

Needless to say, the voters proved you as wrong as the conservative bubble-wrappers.

But, by all means, keep getting yourself all worked up.

Reply to this post

Response to alcibiades_mystery (Reply #10)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:21 PM

11. Are You Really That Dense ???

You... with the unconditional loyalty, accuse me... of being like the conservatives ???

THAT... is the definition of Ironic.

Reply to this post

Response to WillyT (Reply #11)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:35 PM

13. I have no loyalty to anybody

I assess each situation independently.

It's super weird that you would say otherwise.

Reply to this post

Response to WillyT (Reply #11)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 PM

19. GIVE IT UP WILLY

THE ANSWER IS YES; their thick-as-a-brick mentality is tea-baggerish

Reply to this post

Response to Skittles (Reply #19)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:25 PM

20. Damn I Love You...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:53 PM

5. You have it all wrong.

Oh wait a minute. I guess you got it right.

Makes you wonder why we even bothered with the election.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:54 PM

6. I view is the attacks on Rice's investments from the Left were far more damaging than McCain's

attacks. One announcer today mentioned the questions about what Rice had as investments being some of the negative information floating around Washington. That information was 100% courtesy of the Left. I find it hard to see why a person that has $23+ million in money would not be invested in something that would upset a particular class of purist, looks like hat is indeed how things are.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 09:59 PM

9. It's almost as if there was never an election

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:24 PM

12. hah!! That's Nothing... Prepare for the Wayyy More Epic Cave

coming as a result of the current budget/tax negotiations...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:37 PM

14. Two guys driving the steamroller...

McCain and one Democrat . . . who might that guy be?

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:44 PM

15. I don't think it was a fight worth having

There are 1,000 things I would rather see the president fight for than the nomination of someone I don't even think would have been that great for the job.

Reply to this post

Response to democrattotheend (Reply #15)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:50 PM

16. See... That's The Thing... It Appeared He WAS Gonna Fight Over This... And Then... DID NOT...

Jonathan Karl?

QUESTION: Thank you Mr. President. Senator John McCain, and Senator Lindsey Graham both said today that they want to have Watergate-style hearings on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, and said that if you nominate Susan Rice to be secretary of State, they will do everything in their power to block her nomination. Senator Graham said, he simply doesnít trust Ambassador Rice after what she said about Benghazi. Iíd like your reaction to that? And -- and would those threats deter you from making a nomination like that?

OBAMA: Well first of all Iím not going to comment on various nominations that Iíll put forward to fill out my cabinet for the second term. Those are things that are still being discussed. But let me say specifically about Susan Rice, she has done exemplary work. She has represented the United States and our interests in the United Nations with skill, and professionalism, and toughness, and grace. As Iíve said before, she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her.

OBAMA: If Senator McCain and Senator Graham, and others want to go after somebody? They should go after me. And Iím happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi? And was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received? And to besmirch her reputation is outrageous. And, you know, weíre after an election now.

I think it is important for us to find out exactly what happened in Benghazi and Iím happy to cooperate in any ways that Congress wants. We have provided every bit of information that we have and we will continue to provide information. And weíve got a full-blown investigation, and all that information will be disgorged to Congress.

And I donít think thereís any debate in this country that when you have four Americans killed, thatís a problem. And weíve got to get to the bottom of it and there needs to be accountability. Weíve got to bring those who carried it out to justice. They wonít get any debate from me on that.

But when they go after the U.N. ambassador, apparently because they think sheís an easy target, then theyíve got a problem with me. And should I choose, if I think that she would be the best person to serve America in the capacity at the State Department, then I will nominate her. Thatís not a determination that Iíve made yet.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-obamas-news-conference-on-nov-14-2012-running-transcript/2012/11/14/031dfd40-2e7b-11e2-89d4-040c9330702a_print.html

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 PM

17. There has to be a better choice in both the short and long run.

Kerry would make a very good SoS. He is capable of doing just about any job well.

A highly qualified younger person could run for President, Senator or just about anything else after successfully serving in that position. SoS is one of the toughest jobs in Washington.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:07 PM

18. Unbelievable....nt

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:30 PM

21. What the fuck ever... she was a horrible candidate...

I am glad she is out of the running.

Reply to this post

Response to Comrade_McKenzie (Reply #21)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:32 PM

23. Not According To President Obama

Jonathan Karl?

QUESTION: Thank you Mr. President. Senator John McCain, and Senator Lindsey Graham both said today that they want to have Watergate-style hearings on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, and said that if you nominate Susan Rice to be secretary of State, they will do everything in their power to block her nomination. Senator Graham said, he simply doesnít trust Ambassador Rice after what she said about Benghazi. Iíd like your reaction to that? And -- and would those threats deter you from making a nomination like that?

OBAMA: Well first of all Iím not going to comment on various nominations that Iíll put forward to fill out my cabinet for the second term. Those are things that are still being discussed. But let me say specifically about Susan Rice, she has done exemplary work. She has represented the United States and our interests in the United Nations with skill, and professionalism, and toughness, and grace. As Iíve said before, she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her.

OBAMA: If Senator McCain and Senator Graham, and others want to go after somebody? They should go after me. And Iím happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi? And was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received? And to besmirch her reputation is outrageous. And, you know, weíre after an election now.

I think it is important for us to find out exactly what happened in Benghazi and Iím happy to cooperate in any ways that Congress wants. We have provided every bit of information that we have and we will continue to provide information. And weíve got a full-blown investigation, and all that information will be disgorged to Congress.

And I donít think thereís any debate in this country that when you have four Americans killed, thatís a problem. And weíve got to get to the bottom of it and there needs to be accountability. Weíve got to bring those who carried it out to justice. They wonít get any debate from me on that.

But when they go after the U.N. ambassador, apparently because they think sheís an easy target, then theyíve got a problem with me. And should I choose, if I think that she would be the best person to serve America in the capacity at the State Department, then I will nominate her. Thatís not a determination that Iíve made yet.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-obamas-news-conference-on-nov-14-2012-running-transcript/2012/11/14/031dfd40-2e7b-11e2-89d4-040c9330702a_print.html

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:30 PM

22. I now have ZERO respect for John McCain

It's been decreasing for years; now all of it is gone.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 12:08 AM

24. Balance is Needed

The government was built on checks and balances and if one party has most of the control then you have to deal with egos. Let the cabinet be filled with both dems and reps. that's my ho.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread