1. Unions Gave Us The Weekend
2. Unions Gave Us Fair Wages And Relative Income Equality
3. Unions Helped End Child Labor
4. Unions Won Widespread Employer-Based Health Coverage
5. Unions Spearheaded The Fight For The Family And Medical Leave Act
So if any "right to work" advocates say they are "happy workers," remind them it's because of the unions.
3. I have never worked at a company that had a union
BUT I know workers would not have the advantages we have had it not been for unions. I remember some stories my Dad told me about the brutality that went on toward workers trying to unionize. I believe there are more advances gotten by unions than the 5 above. But if you look at only those five, that is exactly what corporations and the right wing are trying to get rid of or bring back like in the case of child labor. The republican party is out to destroy every advancement workers have gotten. Absolutely!!! I'm retired now, but everyone one of you younger workers better get ready to fight because they are coming after you.