HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Great Sandy Concert but ....
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:08 AM

Great Sandy Concert but ....

I doubt the average person will see a dime. Thanks for the efforts and donations but that money will disappear and be swept away faster than anything Hurricane Sandy could do.

The Red Cross and Salvation Army can kiss my rear end. They will never get another donation from me and I will not donate to another relief fund again.

Save your money people. Put some in an insurance policy and hope you can collect. Put some in an emergency account to use for emergency housing. Use the rest to buy supplies to help yourself because no one is coming to help you. If you are a home owner you are really on the bottom of the list and your neighborhood will be left to fend for itself. Save your money and save yourself.

87 replies, 4876 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 87 replies Author Time Post
Reply Great Sandy Concert but .... (Original post)
lalalu Dec 2012 OP
dionysus Dec 2012 #1
lalalu Dec 2012 #4
KharmaTrain Dec 2012 #2
lalalu Dec 2012 #7
KharmaTrain Dec 2012 #9
lalalu Dec 2012 #11
sadbear Dec 2012 #3
lalalu Dec 2012 #6
Bluenorthwest Dec 2012 #5
lalalu Dec 2012 #8
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #10
lalalu Dec 2012 #12
snooper2 Dec 2012 #13
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #15
lalalu Dec 2012 #19
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #23
lalalu Dec 2012 #24
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #31
lalalu Dec 2012 #35
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #45
lalalu Dec 2012 #51
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #66
lalalu Dec 2012 #67
EmeraldCityGrl Dec 2012 #75
MH1 Dec 2012 #37
lalalu Dec 2012 #47
leftynyc Dec 2012 #18
lalalu Dec 2012 #20
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #41
lalalu Dec 2012 #49
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #71
leftynyc Dec 2012 #58
lalalu Dec 2012 #61
leftynyc Dec 2012 #64
lalalu Dec 2012 #65
leftynyc Dec 2012 #68
Bluenorthwest Dec 2012 #14
ChisolmTrailDem Dec 2012 #17
lalalu Dec 2012 #22
Bluenorthwest Dec 2012 #50
TexasBushwhacker Dec 2012 #83
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #16
lalalu Dec 2012 #21
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #26
lalalu Dec 2012 #28
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #29
lalalu Dec 2012 #32
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #34
lalalu Dec 2012 #39
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #42
lalalu Dec 2012 #53
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #54
lalalu Dec 2012 #55
KharmaTrain Dec 2012 #25
NCTraveler Dec 2012 #27
lalalu Dec 2012 #30
NCTraveler Dec 2012 #33
lalalu Dec 2012 #36
NCTraveler Dec 2012 #44
lalalu Dec 2012 #52
NCTraveler Dec 2012 #56
WilliamPitt Dec 2012 #57
onenote Dec 2012 #70
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #38
lalalu Dec 2012 #40
Bluenorthwest Dec 2012 #60
lalalu Dec 2012 #62
MH1 Dec 2012 #43
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #46
MH1 Dec 2012 #48
Hekate Dec 2012 #59
lalalu Dec 2012 #63
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #72
HangOnKids Dec 2012 #74
riverbendviewgal Dec 2012 #76
HangOnKids Dec 2012 #77
Hassin Bin Sober Dec 2012 #86
Hekate Dec 2012 #81
countryjake Dec 2012 #82
SomethingFishy Dec 2012 #69
NightOwwl Dec 2012 #73
Surya Gayatri Dec 2012 #78
spanone Dec 2012 #79
jonthebru Dec 2012 #80
nolabear Dec 2012 #84
Rowdyboy Dec 2012 #87
Lady Freedom Returns Dec 2012 #85

Response to lalalu (Original post)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:13 AM

1. fail

sigh

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dionysus (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:22 AM

4. Truth

Not one single member of these groups came anywhere near our community or other communities.. We were on our own and that is a fact. We personally took people in and shared our supplies because no one was around to help, The politicians were not around and the so called groups providing help were not around.

I guess you think people going weeks without electricity and supplies were just imagining this. I can guarantee you a year from now there will be no accountability for any of these funds raised.

Believe what you want but a lot of people learned the truth and have learned to prepare to help themselves. They were warned before and now reality has hit.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 AM

2. Check Out The Robin Hood Fund...

http://www.robinhood.org/rhsandy

Robin Hood has launched a large-scale relief effort to aid our neighbors in the tri-state area whose lives have been shattered by Hurricane Sandy. Within hours of the storm, Robin Hood- funded non-profits were providing blankets, hot food, heaters, generators and more to residents in Red Hook, Coney Island, the Rockaways and all across the region. Now, one month out from the storm, thanks to our supporters, Robin Hood has been able to provide over $14.7 million in grants to more than 140 different groups.

These are the people who get the money donated last night. I sure don't see Red Cross or Salvation Army mentioned in that mission statement. On the website it lists the various needs the money will go for...and the New York City groups requesting funds. Look for yourself before you jump to conclusions. I've gladly donated several hundred dollars so far and plan to send more...

Reply to this post

Response to KharmaTrain (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:27 AM

7. "Robin Hood has been able to provide over $14.7 million in grants to more than 140 different group"

Here we go again. Grants to subgroups. The favorite way to hide money.

"On the website it lists the various needs the money will go for...and the New York City groups requesting funds."

Typical BS in which these groups are loaded with six figure salaried employees and very little goes to action.

Nice little BS websites proclaiming their good deeds. This will be just like Katina and years from now there will still be decimated communities and average people while others will profit.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #7)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:36 AM

9. And How Would You Distribute Funds?

Personally go door to door and ask survivors what they need and give them cash and wish them luck?

Obviously you didn't look at the link where the site spells out specific groups, the money requested and what they'll be used for. Yes, I'm sure some of these organizations have paid staffers..."community organizers" if you will...who spend far more hours at their job and helping people than counting money.

I've been to New Orleans and worked with several groups there in the wake of Katrina...so I saw the devestation...both in physical and human terms. If it wasn't for non-profits...like Habitat For Humanity...there's be far less new homes built in the lower 9th. Yes...even over 5 years after this event there are problems; much of it from large corporates who closed shop and never came back.

If you don't want to donate...fine...but please don't broadbrush the many non-profits and charities that are right now working their asses off to try to restore some semblence of normal for thousands of people who are victims of this storm.

Cheers...

Reply to this post

Response to KharmaTrain (Reply #9)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:44 AM

11. " I've been to New Orleans and worked with several groups there in the wake of Katrina."

In other words you are protecting your bacon. I looked at the groups and expenditures and in every case the high expenditures including "hiring" people which is a typical BS ploy.

"Yes...even over 5 years after this event there are problem"

That's an understatement and as usual the excuses begin.

Yeah, these groups could actually have gone door to door and set up several sites within communities to help people. I lived through it and we were fortunate to have supplies for ourselves and some to share. I know damn well not one of these groups went throughout the communities to help.

People were sitting in the dark and were hungry and cold and you weren't there. Now you crawl out of the woodwork to raise money by using their misery. Like I said there will be no accountability and years from now there will just be excuses.

These groups are a big fucking joke. We need to spend time and money shoring up our government agencies and making them more accountable. We need to spend money upgrading our systems and building better. We need to teach people how to prepare and maintain themselves for emergencies. Everything else is a big scam.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:15 AM

3. Everybody for themselves!

You make Ron Paul proud.

Reply to this post

Response to sadbear (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:23 AM

6. I have made my feelings about Ron Paul very clear.

The reality is that everyone was for themselves or maybe you missed it.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:22 AM

5. Robinhood Relief Fund is many years old

It is the largest independent poverty fighting organization in the New York area. I trust them. Around Sandy, before the concert they had given over 14 million to 140 or so community groups in the area.
They are not the Red Cross and they are certainly not the Salvation Army.
From their Mission Statement:
"We find, fund and partner with programs that have proven they are an effective remedy to poverty and are a consistent force for good in the lives of New Yorkers in need. We employ a rigorous system of metrics and third-party evaluation to ensure grantee accountability. The board pays all administrative and fundraising costs, so 100% of donations goes directly to helping New Yorkers in need build better lives. We work closely with our grantees to make them more effective, enabling them to assist even more people."

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #5)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:28 AM

8. Any group can put out any BS statement.

Then there is the reality that they don't do a damn thing.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #8)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:40 AM

10. Welp! Your mind is made up. No discussing it with you. So...

you weren't interested in having a discussion and no one should even continue to bother with your thread.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #10)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:45 AM

12. Then move on.

I won't miss you. You can't handle the truth.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #12)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:48 AM

13. You are always required to post this picture when you make that statement

We'll let it pass this time but DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:49 AM

15. You haven't provided a shred of evidence to show that

the Robin Hood Fund is anything other than trustworthy. You've just stated it flat out, like teabaggers spew their idiocy as if it is fact.

I don't have to handle YOUR truth until you provide something other than your own opinion.

And I'll move on when I feel like it and really don't care if you miss me or not.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #15)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:57 AM

19. LOL, they haven't done a damn thing.

That's the proof. I lived through Sandy. I have family, friends, neighbors, and people I have worked with who survived it and not one single person has seen any assistance to themselves or anyone else. People who live throughout the area and the stories are the same. It's a load of crap with these groups spending money on publicity instead of people.

Give it a year from now and we will see who is right. Of course there will be the usual excuses just as there are still excuses for Katrina funds missing.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #19)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 PM

23. Where is your evidence that Robin Hood Fund

has done anything to deserve your scorn and vitriol?

We are waiting...

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #23)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:12 PM

24. Where is your evidence the money actually got to people?

All you have is a lame website and publicity. All these years, money, and so called hard work and yet no one personally knows a single person they helped. Not one actual person........

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #24)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:32 PM

31. Lame website? You're calling Robin Hood's website lame?

http://www.robinhood.org <---- This website is lame? I'm a web developer and I can tell you that this website is anything but lame.

Also, as for MY evidence that money actually got to people? Here's a whole page of people you can contact to see if they've benefitted from Robin Hood Fund. http://www.robinhood.org/programs

Have at it and report back to us how many of those say they didn't get money from Robin Hood Fund.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #31)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:37 PM

35. LOL, a website developer who thinks this isn't lame?

BTW, my son was getting paid for website development when he was in high school and obviously had higher standards than you.

So your answer to the fact no one affected by Sandy has received any help is to tell people to contact others on a list?

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #35)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:47 PM

45. You have a son? Funny...

You don't seem to communicate at a level that would suggest that you're old enough to have a teenage child much less a post teen.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #45)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:56 PM

51. I have a son doing

graduate research in a top university that wouldn't even consider you.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #51)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:36 PM

66. Really now? Funny since I graduated HS with

a 3.95 GPA and was courted by several "top universities" including Cornell, Duke, and Stanford. I would bet money that the school your grad student is going to actually did consider me (or would have if I applied) as a student candidate, especially if they have a strong math and science curriculum and philosophy.

But since you know me so well you obviously know the rest of my story. So, I digress.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #66)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:44 PM

67. "So, I digress"

Yes you do. Shoulda, coulda, woulda is an old song.

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #31)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:36 PM

75. Here is their financial statement.

Maybe someone qualified can look it over and determine how their funds are allocated.
These charitable organizations have to make this info available and people can decide for
themselves if they are worthy of their hard earned money.

http://www.robinhood.org/about/financials

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #24)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:43 PM

37. If you really want to know,

check out this list of grantees:

http://www.robinhood.org/programs

Then contact one or two or more of those organizations and see what they have to say for how they used the money.

I understand your frustration if you don't see any of the impact personally, but the affected area is large and just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Reply to this post

Response to MH1 (Reply #37)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:49 PM

47. A list of groups that get money.

Big deal it means nothing. All these people still living without full power and in homes falling apart. Yet not one person saw help after the storm or even up to now. The story not reported is how many things are still down. How many people have just abandoned neighborhoods because they couldn't get help anywhere.

In a about a year the real story of disappearing money and people not getting help will come out. There is reality and we are living it and people know this is all BS.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:57 AM

18. What truth is that?

You haven't put forward anything that can be verified. Are we just supposed to bow down to your superior wisdom? How about facts? Got any of those?

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #18)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:59 AM

20. Yeah, the facts are real people in this area who haven't seen anything.

Show me real cases of people actually getting money from these groups to rebuild their lives. Not some subgroups they give money to. Real people getting the funds never seem to exist. What nice cover stories these groups have.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #20)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:45 PM

41. You seem to have an uncharitable bitterness

in you.

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #41)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:53 PM

49. Charity begins at home and that is exactly where it was extended.

We took people in who could not get help anywhere and were just glad we had the supplies. You can ignore the facts all you want but people better learn to stock up and prepare to help themselves. A lot of people have learned and if you think my sentiment is isolated then you are mistaken. This Hurricane taught people a very harsh and sad lesson they won't forget.

In a year there will be many stories about money raised for Sandy victims that never got to them.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #49)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:01 PM

71. I hope you let us know when you find these people

it would be helpful for all of us on DU to be informed.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #20)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:08 PM

58. So - you have no facts

no studies, no nothing. You're making the claim - now back it up.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #58)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:15 PM

61. I did. No one has seen a dime.

All you have are so called passing of the funds to "groups". A bunch of BS.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #61)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:26 PM

64. The concert was last night

Perhaps waiting a few days before bitching is called for because I do know that funds from the 9/11 fund DID in fact go directly to families involved.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #64)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:33 PM

65. I know for a fact that 911 families got their

biggest and best compensation from government funds. It was also direct compensation to specific families with government oversight.
Even now compensation and medical coverage is coming from the government.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #65)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 02:06 PM

68. As will the Sandy victims

The government always picks up the larger tab. That's not what I said so I'm not sure what you're arguing about other than when asked for any sort of proof, you moved the goalposts.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #8)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:49 AM

14. Since 1988 they have given over 1.1 Billion dollars to fight poverty in NYC. 146 mil last

year. Before the storm.
They've been doing amazing things for people for a long, long time. Their housing program is great, and 92% of those who make use of their housing programs never have need of going to a shelter again.
Their books are open to the world. Are yours? Because if the point you are trying to make is that anyone can say anything, you are of course anyone, who could say anything.
People should read about some of their programs here at this link if they care to. While I am sorry about the hard times after the storm, the fact that you have no idea who Robin Hood is does indicate that you have not been exactly plugged in to the 'let's help those in need around here' culture for the last couple of decades.
http://www.robinhood.org/programs

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #14)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 AM

17. No they didn't! They're crooks who're gonna walk with the money! I

said so and if you don't believe ME then you can handle the truuuuuuuuuth!

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #14)

Response to lalalu (Reply #22)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:54 PM

50. You are the one offering pure BS claims and allegations with nothing but your word.

I live on the West Coast, but I have known of them and what they do since the 80's.
You don't seem to have heard of this organization that has donated over a billion dollars to what you say is your city until Sandy touched your own life. Volumes that speaks, and not about them.

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #5)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 01:52 AM

83. They also pay their executive director $663K. That's $263K more than President Obama

I have a hard time taking a charity seriously when they pay their directors outrageous salaries.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:50 AM

16. I found a great picture of you.

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #16)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 11:59 AM

21. Still better looking than you.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #21)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:17 PM

26. I know you are but what am I?

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #26)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:30 PM

28. Sh! I'm listening to reason.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #28)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:31 PM

29. I know you are but what am I?

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #29)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:33 PM

32. Sh!

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #32)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:36 PM

34. I know you are but what am I?

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #34)

39. I can't hear you.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #39)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:46 PM

42. Volume

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #42)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:58 PM

53. Louder please

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #53)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:00 PM

54. OK, you win.

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #54)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:05 PM

55. Aw, i actually like Peewee

Reply to this post

Response to WilliamPitt (Reply #16)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 PM

25. Someone Needs A New Brand Of Cornflakes...

...poopers gotta poop they say.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:18 PM

27. You didn't give in the first place and and you got a free concert. nt.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #27)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:32 PM

30. I have a great CD collection and an Ipod.

Screw the concert and obviously you support screwing the people.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #30)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:35 PM

33. You attempt at propoganda is what will scew the people.

You yourself called it a great concert.

Things that are obvious to you are really not so obvious. What is obvious is the op. Fox news would be more than happy to get a camera crew out to you.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #33)

36. A great concert raising money that will disappear.

You seem to love illusion and will love Fox. Keep watching the shiny objects.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #36)

44. This is a parody of something.

I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #44)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM

52. A parody of yourself.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #52)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:07 PM

56. I am beginning to really like you. nt.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #56)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:08 PM

57. I'm a fan

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #30)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 02:26 PM

70. When you evacuated during Sandy,

you saved your CD collection? And it seems you have electricity.

But heaven help efforts to assist those who don't have what you have.

Reply to this post

38. When Bruce Springsteen does a fund raiser

you can be darn sure that the money is going to go where it should go..

I have faith.

BTW..
you can still see the tail end of the concert here. It is being run again. live

#!

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #38)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:45 PM

40. Oh please.

I am a Springsteen fan and a fan of most of those who gave the concert. If you thing Springsteen or any of the others will keep track of how the money is spent then you are fooling yourself.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #40)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:13 PM

60. At this link you can read the group's financial reports, including the audited 2011

financials and all of the other reporting. Feel free to offer specific criticisms. I hope others will take a look at the opening page, because they are deserving of praise for running the place and the fundraising via board member's pockets, not from donations.

http://www.robinhood.org/about/financials

Reply to this post

Response to Bluenorthwest (Reply #60)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:16 PM

62. Yeah,Madoff had financial reports too.

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #38)

43. says not available here (US)

apparently this is for folks on the other side of the world. Thanks, though!

Reply to this post

Response to MH1 (Reply #43)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:47 PM

46. I am watching it now...and in canada

did you try? I guess you did...that's too bad...cause they could watch it in UK last night and I did as well.

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #46)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 12:53 PM

48. Well it's ok, I saw most of it last night

I just thought I'd tap into it for the last half of my lunch break. No big deal.

When I clicked on it I got a message saying something to the effect that it wasn't available in the U.S.

I appreciate you posting it, obviously it worked for you, and will work for other non-US readers.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:13 PM

59. Direct Relief International is a great organization. Stop complaining & start investigating.

They provide medical supplies for disaster relief. Check them out here:
http://www.directrelief.org/

Here's their Hurricane Sandy page:
http://www.directrelief.org/emergency/hurricane-sandy-relief-and-recovery

100% of donations support affected communities.

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #59)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 01:22 PM

63. Another invisble organization that does great things nobody actually sees..

except on their website.

Many of us saw or heard on radio similar stories being reported of organizations out and helping. That is until they got phone calls telling them it was a bunch of lies. They must have been doing drive by help at 100mph because no one ever saw them .

Nice press releases though. Then when the organizations got caught they always had a boatload of excuses. It was BS and they were not out and helping anyone.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #63)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:08 PM

72. You sure do have a lot of posts

I have been here 3 years and have not as many as you....hmmmmm sure you are not republican? You sound like my NJ bubba brother....he hates charities and believes all this fund raising is a sham..He was a Romney man.

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #72)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:22 PM

74. And LOTS of HIDES!!!!

Reply to this post

Response to HangOnKids (Reply #74)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:15 PM

76. What is that

Hides?

Reply to this post

Response to riverbendviewgal (Reply #76)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:26 PM

77. The Number Of Posts Hidden

Just check on the persons profile, if they have more than 5 hidden posts in 90 days you will be able to see them in all their GLORY. Click on the transparency tab, this poster has 7, since joining a few months ago. LOL!

Reply to this post

Response to HangOnKids (Reply #77)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 01:56 PM

86. You won't see him around anymore.

Reply to this post

Response to lalalu (Reply #63)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:24 PM

81. This is a first for me: but crawl back under your rock, would you?

You are determined to spread misinformation and ill-will. And outright lies.

Bugger off.

Cordially yours,

Hekate

Reply to this post

Response to Hekate (Reply #81)

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 10:57 PM

82. It's hard to reckon with when it comes to that...

isn't it?

But sometimes it really is necessary!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 02:21 PM

69. What is it you are looking for?

Obviously I could post a link that shows where some of the money is going already.. and here it is.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/robin-hood-announces-next-wave-in-funding-for-sandy-relief-182835271.html

Now judging by your posts this is not enough, because after all anyone can make up anything they want. Your post is designed to keep people from donating money to help others, yet you cannot come up with any facts except that you and your neighbors have not been handed any cash.

So what is it you want? You want people to stop doing what they think is right on your say so?

I have seen some mean spiteful things on DU lately, but this, well after being handed the financial reports from RobinHoodRelief and now a list of grants that have been approved you are still going to deny that any money is being used to help people. Anyone can put out a press release, anyone can have a website, anyone can show their financials. True, but it's also true that anyone can come on DU and post whatever they want without a shred of evidence to back up their claims and still claim the high moral ground.

I'd like to wish you luck with your endeavor, but seeing as you are telling people not to try and help others, I really can't.

Have a nice day.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 03:15 PM

73. lalalu? more like lalala

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 04:56 PM

78. Hey, only here since mid-September with 7 or 8 hidden posts already?

Lala, your misanthropy, cynicism and moroseness are apparently pretty hard for the average DUer to take.

Forget to take your 'Happy Pill"? Off your anti-depressant meds? Have cronic dispepsia?

Maybe you should stay out of others' company until the meds kick in or the mood changes. Just a suggestion...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 05:02 PM

79. you obviously didn't listen

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 13, 2012, 06:01 PM

80. You obviously weren't listening

Or watching the same show I was.
They said 100% of contributions were going to services, not administration.
From what I saw and heard it is a worthy charity. I never once heard the red cross or salvation army mentioned by the way.
I only wish an effort like this could be made for every disaster and need all over the Earth.
Cynicism is a very wasteful emotion.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 01:56 AM

84. What a lousy, rotten, crummy, awful, miserable thing to say.

If you have discouraged one person from one act of generosity with your cynicism and false information you should be ashamed of yourself. ASHAMED.

Reply to this post

Response to nolabear (Reply #84)

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 03:17 PM

87. Asshole who made the OP finally got served his pizza today....

Well past time.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 14, 2012, 02:26 AM

85. I take it you are a Sandy Surviver?

Listen to a Joplin EF-5 Tornado surviver. That money will make it to who needs it. You will drink it and eat it, if you need it, it will make it.

You are piss. You don't know where to go or what to do. You feel as if nothing is there for you, no help or hope.

I will NOT candy coat it. You feel like this for a while, maybe a long while. This feeling you have will make you see so much negativity that you will start to wonder if the end of days already happened. You start to think the Devil won!

But the feeling starts to pass, slowly. It will take a lot of time. Vent if you need, it really does help. There is a group here for us on DU if you need to talk. If you need to yell at someone, PM me. You can vent all you want at me! Give me your best shot, I can take it and I will understand.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread