HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Politico- Washington Univ...

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 08:51 PM

Politico- Washington University poll: 60% favor raising taxes on those earning >$250K

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/battleground-poll-hike-taxes-on-the-rich-84824.html

A new POLITICO/George Washington University Battleground Poll finds that 60 percent of respondents support raising taxes on households that earn more than $250,000 a year and 64 percent want to raise taxes on large corporations.

Even 39 percent of Republicans support raising taxes on households making more than $250,000. Independents favor such a move by 21 percentage points, 59 to 38 percent.

Only 38 percent buy the GOP argument that raising taxes on households earning over $250,000 per year will have a negative impact on the economy. Fifty-eight percent do not.

(more)

1 replies, 324 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Politico- Washington University poll: 60% favor raising taxes on those earning >$250K (Original post)
Bill USA Dec 2012 OP
Sinistrous Dec 2012 #1

Response to Bill USA (Original post)

Tue Dec 11, 2012, 11:16 PM

1. I am not in favor of raising taxes on households earning more than $250,000.

However, I am in favor of raising taxes on income in excess of $250,000.

There is a big difference.

And, one of the biggest republican successes is creating and sustaining the erroneous concept that the proposed tax increase would apply to the entire $250,000 once that threshold is exceeded, when in fact, it is proposed to tax only the amount over that number.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread