HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Two boys 7 and 11-years-o...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:28 PM

Two boys 7 and 11-years-old alleged carjackers

http://abcnews.go.com/US/child-carjackers-boys-11-attempt-carjack-oregon-woman/story?id=17924783#.UMZFeI7O3pg

Two boys, aged 7 and 11, were picked up by police in Portland, Ore., this weekend after they allegedly attempted to carjack and rob a woman with a handgun.

Police said that the two boys had a cocked and loaded .22 handgun that they brandished while telling Amy Garrett, 22, to give up her money and truck.

Garrett told ABC News affiliate KATU she was waiting for her parents at the Freedom Foursquare Church in Portland when she was approached by the boys.

They told her to give them her truck or be shot. It's not clear if they were big enough to be able to drive the truck.

"He was showing me his gun and I asked him if it was real," she said. "He said, 'You don't ever ask somebody if it's real. That's how you get yourself shot.'"

"I didn't think it was real," Garrett said. "They were just two really young kids."

Garrett said that the 7-year-old boy told his friend to "show her your piece," at which point the 11-year-old raised his shirt to show off the gun.

"He said it was fully-loaded and cocked and ready to go. He told me he was going to blow my brains out if I didn't give him anything," Garrett told KATU.

more at link

3 replies, 547 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Two boys 7 and 11-years-old alleged carjackers (Original post)
superpatriotman Dec 2012 OP
Drale Dec 2012 #1
superpatriotman Dec 2012 #2
rachel1 Dec 2012 #3

Response to superpatriotman (Original post)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:34 PM

1. O NO'S BAN VIDEO GAMES AND RAP MUSIC!!!!

DON'T BLAME ANYONE BUT THE EVIL VIDEO GAME COMPANIES!!!!! I realize it hasn't been said yet but its coming. I'd like to know where these two kids parents are in this. Its time to hold parents responsible for their children's actions especially for children this young.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Drale (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 03:35 PM

2. +1000

Though the parents may have set the example.

Reply to this post

Response to superpatriotman (Original post)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 06:52 PM

3. According to some residents in the neighborhood, the 11-year-old is notorious for committing crimes

and his parents seem reluctant to discipline him.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/12/residents_say_the_11-year-old.html

Something better be done or else he might end up injuring or murdering someone.

I don't know about the 7-year-old but he also may also be headed down a path to self-destruction.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread