HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sore Loser Allen West: My...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 12:56 PM

Sore Loser Allen West: My Opponent Only Won Because He Cheated - link to audio

Think Progress

In an exit befitting his outspoken, controversial two years in Congress, Rep. Allen West (R-FL) said that he only lost his re-election because his opponent cheated.

-snip-

However, the Tea Party congressman appears to be handling the loss acrimoniously. Appearing on Mark Levinís radio show last Thursday, West accused Murphy of only winning by breaking the rules. ďIím not going away just because of a congressional race where he seems to have to cheat to beat me,Ē said West. He did not specify precisely how Murphy supposedly cheated.

LEVIN: You are a national treasure. You are way too important to have something like this to happen and off you go. That canít happen. So Iím really curious to know. Do you have further public service in mind, potentially?

WEST: The most important thing everyone has to understand is my voice is not going to be lost. Weíve gotten a lot of opportunities, a lot of offers, and weíre going to make sure we continue to have that platform. Iím a warrior and Iím a statesman and Iím a servant of this republic. Iím not going away just because of a congressional race where he seems to have to cheat to beat me.

LEVIN: He sure as hell did. Itís disgusting

Audio via Think Progress

IIRC, it was the GOP in Fl who sliced and diced West into a different district, and it was West himself who decided to run in the 18th; is there 'cheating' here?

Sorry about posting the link to Levin, DU. And West as a national treasure? Gag worthy. Words are cheap, Mr. West. Put up or go away.

6 replies, 598 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sore Loser Allen West: My Opponent Only Won Because He Cheated - link to audio (Original post)
Melinda Dec 2012 OP
demwing Dec 2012 #1
Melinda Dec 2012 #4
DirkGently Dec 2012 #2
brooklynite Dec 2012 #3
Melinda Dec 2012 #5
standingtall Dec 2012 #6

Response to Melinda (Original post)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:01 PM

1. "Put up or go away"

or just go away

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to demwing (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:06 PM

4. He's NOT going to go away, instead choosing to begin his chant of "cheat".

His ass needs to be called on it every appearance he makes... of course I realize he won't be appearing anywhere anyone is interested in truth. He's despicable.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:01 PM

2. National embarrassment, more like. What an ugly human being.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:02 PM

3. In other words, Allen West SUPPORTS cheating...

...since he chose to concede the race and filed no complaint with State or Federal authorities.

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Reply #3)

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:09 PM

5. I like the way your mind works.

Mr. West, why do you support cheating?

Watch as he turns his cheating accusation into a meme for 2014.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 10, 2012, 01:27 PM

6. The truth is West lost

because he is a jerk, and if he didn't run in a low turnout midterm he would've never been elected to begin with.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread