HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » All the screaming for a n...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 06:58 PM

All the screaming for a new war, no matter where, no matter with whom, is all about power and money.

The consequence for removing Assad via invasion would be for the US and others to install a western-friendly regime upon a people who instead need freedom. Pay attention to the man behind the curtain. No more Shahs, thank you very much. Also, resentment at having your country ruled by a puppet of a foreign power can breed terrorism. Which only justifies the endless war budget some so desperately desire. Heard of the 1%? Examine the war profiteers. They are the .01%. Incredibly rich. Give them no more, let them kill no one else.

"OMG, WMD!" Sorry, we have heard this song before. Even if they are real this time, it's only because those who have handed them out eagerly await their use in order to further justify the aforementioned endless war budget/having puppets in power in far away places near all that oil. Weapons dealers get to continue to sell drones to US companies and law enforcement agencies. The power grab continues and we are it's target.

BЯΞAKB∃∆Ƭ ‏@BreaKBeatJunkee

10,000 U.S. Troops Plus French, British and Nato Soldiers Get Ready for War Against Syria http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/12/10000-u-s-troops-plus-french-british-and-nato-soldiers-get-ready-for-war-against-syria.html

"Money money money. MONEY!" And that includes resources such as oil, as they align their chess pieces for attack upon/for the final reserves.

No war with Iran. No war with Syria. No war with Yemen, no war with anyone except against those who themselves want war!

(Expanded a reply to another thread into this, sorry.)

6 replies, 525 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply All the screaming for a new war, no matter where, no matter with whom, is all about power and money. (Original post)
Fire Walk With Me Dec 2012 OP
teddy51 Dec 2012 #1
Initech Dec 2012 #2
NightWatcher Dec 2012 #3
Fire Walk With Me Dec 2012 #5
libdem4life Dec 2012 #4
kelliekat44 Dec 2012 #6

Response to Fire Walk With Me (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 07:01 PM

1. Yep, some of these Moran's just salivate for war. They give no thought to the lives lost

and effected by these wars. The last thing the US needs right now is another war. And of course there is the money spent on these wars that we don't have either.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 07:28 PM

2. The only reason we go to war anymore is obscene profits for military contractors.

They've already lied us into two unwinnable wars we'll never get out of - isn't it way past time we started trying these dipshits for treason and misuse of our military? I'm convinced these assholes won't be satisfied until the whole damn middle east is in flames.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:02 PM

3. IF (big ol IF) Syria's Prez gasses his own people we should do nothing?

I'm in favor of a Libya-styled response if we have to do something. We could enforce a No-Fly zone and bombard the troops loyal to the Prez with an air assault. Hopefully no ground troops would be needed, we'd just let the crazy rebels take over and deal with them when they rise up again in a few years.

I'm anti war, but also anti chemical weapons used on a citizenry

Reply to this post

Response to NightWatcher (Reply #3)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:45 PM

5. The UN are part of the problem so they cannot be allowed in either... Didn't the CIA used to be good

at toppling dictators and such? Just without the "installing a western-friendly puppet" bit.

That by moral rights we actually have no proper military response to an unacceptable situation is horrifying. Eisenhower was so very right, as was Orwell.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:09 PM

4. Here we go again. US wants a military installation in Syria. Duh.

but just for our defense. War is good for unemployment, manufacturing (implements of war...about all we currently manufacture), war contractors at home and abroad, job training, and most of all ... Empire.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 09:54 PM

6. And JOBS!!!! nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread