HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A politician's personal r...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:27 PM

A politician's personal relationship with his/her spouse does matter!!

when that politician chooses to tell others about the sanctity of marriage, limits the right to marry to heterosexual couples while having an affair, abandoning a spouse when facing major health issues, and....

leading an effort to IMPEACH A PRESIDENT BECAUSE OF AN AFFAIR while having an affair at the same time.!!!!

I'm just livid. I remember all the Republicans claiming that Clinton's actions were a national crisis. I remember how every important issue was ignored in favor of dissecting a President's sexual activities. I remember the HYPOCRISY and I remember who lead the demise of our government. So yes, I don't forgive and forget.

I am livid that the pundits are now saying it was a long time ago and a person's sexual activities don't matter. Yes they do.

7 replies, 714 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply A politician's personal relationship with his/her spouse does matter!! (Original post)
cally Jan 2012 OP
barbtries Jan 2012 #1
LadyHawkAZ Jan 2012 #2
southernyankeebelle Jan 2012 #3
LaydeeBug Jan 2012 #4
cally Jan 2012 #5
LaydeeBug Jan 2012 #6
emilyg Jan 2012 #7

Response to cally (Original post)

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:30 PM

1. of course they do

unless you're a republican. just in case

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:30 PM

2. It's the hypocrisy that matters, not the sex.

I care no more about the sex life of an (R) than I do that of a (D) or anyone else. I care that they pretend to higher "morals"- "morals" they want to impose on the rest of us- that they can't even live up to themselves.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:50 PM

3. He thinks he did nothing wrong when he was in the house because he didn't hold his right hand up and

swear on a bible.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 08:52 PM

4. Truth is, it really doesn't...or...it matters to THEM *if* and *only if* you're not one of them.

There are points to be scored on hypocrisy to be sure, but his stance on social security is of MUCH greater concern to me than his sex life, which is none of my business, unless they weren't consenting, or weren't adults.

Reply to this post

Response to LaydeeBug (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 09:10 PM

5. I think it shows that he will say or do anything to get elected

and serve his own interests. It scares me how the right gets away with it and I think this attitude and the lack of scrutiny leads to horrible policies. You are right, of course, that his positions matter more except we can never forget that they were willing to bring our country down over a President's sexual life.

Reply to this post

Response to cally (Reply #5)

Fri Jan 20, 2012, 09:11 PM

6. Oh, I absolutely agree about THAT. PREACH!!!! :)

Reply to this post

Response to cally (Reply #5)

Sat Jan 21, 2012, 12:55 AM

7. Every politician serves

his/her own interests.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread