HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fox News White House Corr...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:24 PM

Fox News White House Correspondent: Maybe We Overdid It With the Benghazi Coverage Just a Wee Bit

Fox News White House Correspondent: Maybe We Overdid It With the Benghazi Coverage Just a Wee Bit

Fox News White House correspondent and actual reasonable person Ed Henry told the AP recently that Fox News probably over-covered the Benghazi attacks just a wee bit:

I wouldn’t lie to you. I see that we’re covering Benghazi a lot, and I think that should be something that we’re asking about. … We’ve had the proper emphasis. But I would not be so deluded to say that some of our shows, some of our commentators, have covered it more than it needed to be covered.

Henry also emphasized that it was an important story to cover since four Americans were killed and there’s still some mystery about what the administration knew and when they knew about the attack, and he asserted that other news outlets (ahem, MSNBC, he’s looking at you) have under-covered the story.

http://www.thedailydolt.com/2012/12/07/fox-overplayed-benghazi/

5 replies, 935 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fox News White House Correspondent: Maybe We Overdid It With the Benghazi Coverage Just a Wee Bit (Original post)
The Straight Story Dec 2012 OP
alcibiades_mystery Dec 2012 #1
TroglodyteScholar Dec 2012 #2
FredStembottom Dec 2012 #3
dballance Dec 2012 #4
xxxsdesdexxx Dec 2012 #5

Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:26 PM

1. Funniest part of this article: "actual reasonable person Ed Henry..."



Who are they kidding?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:36 PM

2. If you read his quote, he's saying the opposite of what the headline claims...

"I would not be so deluded to say that some of our shows, some of our commentators, have covered it more than it needed to be covered."

The words say he would consider it delusional to state that Benghazi was covered too much. To make the headline true, there would have to be a "not" between "have" and "covered."

Was that his intention? I don't know. But the literal meaning of the quote would suggest that he thinks it was covered appropriately.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to TroglodyteScholar (Reply #2)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:43 PM

3. I think he's hedging.

Getting an actual criticism out there but with immediate walk back for job security reasons.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:51 PM

4. Bottom Line is he STILL repeated their BS

"Henry also emphasized that it was an important story to cover since four Americans were killed and there’s still some mystery about what the administration knew and when they knew about the attack, and he asserted that other news outlets (ahem, MSNBC, he’s looking at you) have under-covered the story." He used the tried and true Watergate phrasing "what the administration (President in Watergate) knew and when they knew..." Keep throwing the crap against the wall FAUX network. It's still not sticking.

The other news outlets haven't under-covered the story because there's no mysterious intrigue going on at the White House or State Department about it to cover.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to The Straight Story (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 01:18 PM

5. Ya think?

I would flip to Fox News from time to time just to confirm my notion that they were talking about Benghazi yet again. I'd say that 90% of the time Benghazi was the topic being covered, the other 10% of the time was split between pro-gold investment commercials and Hannity throwing footballs on the "Great Great Great American Panel" segment of his crappy show.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread