HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Lynard Skynard and Mike H...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:50 PM

Lynard Skynard and Mike Huckabee...

http://fox2now.com/2012/11/30/autozone-employee-fights-off-robber-gets-fired/

Was driving to the office earlier today. I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger with an AM/FM radio... no XM, no Hi-Def radio... just AM/FM. I live in Milton Florida, so imagine the radio stations.... "All Lynard Skynard, all the time baby"... Was listening to a classic rock station out of Mobile, AL when Freebird came on the radio. I absolutely hate Lynard Skynard so I turned the station. The station I landed on was a talk radio station... again, understand where I'm living... I found myself listening to Mike Huckabee. He was heralding a man who brandished his personal firearm where he was working.

Went out to his truck, got his gun, and brought it into the building.

Huckabee was calling the guy a hero. The callers were calling for a boycott of AutoZone.

I really wanted to call in and ask Huckabee and those calling in what their opinion would have been if the employee's actions had caused a double homicide. I say the guy was very lucky. A difficult situation that turned out well for the employee and his manager. But what could have happened if the robber had acted differently?

Let's not forget that this was a property owned by AutoZone, and the employee broke a rule that he was probably aware of... probably signed off on when he was hired. Hate to see anyone get fired, but a hero he was not. A lucky man he was - as Yoda would say.

4 replies, 660 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lynard Skynard and Mike Huckabee... (Original post)
smccarter Dec 2012 OP
joesdaughter Dec 2012 #1
Bake Dec 2012 #2
bluestate10 Dec 2012 #3
Hoyt Dec 2012 #4

Response to smccarter (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:54 PM

1. Agree n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:56 PM

2. That idiot endangered every human life in the store.

They're all damn lucky it didn't get out of control.

Bake

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:56 PM

3. People that think packing a gun allows them to stop robbers are lucky that modern

robbers are not killers. There first time that a gun packing citizen meets a robber that is a killer, the gun packer is going t end up dead, at a minimum. It i a lot more sensible to either stay in safe areas, or if that fails, give a robber/killer money that person asks for, doings so is a matter of life or death.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:02 PM

4. Just what we need, some cowboy with a gun trying to save the day.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread