HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ask your doctor if global...

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:36 PM

Ask your doctor if global warming is right for you.

There are more I've never seen before as well, but a few are going to offend some DUers. (Texans, RKBA folks, and crackers, sorry.)

4 replies, 641 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ask your doctor if global warming is right for you. (Original post)
Dark n Stormy Knight Dec 2012 OP
2on2u Dec 2012 #1
Dark n Stormy Knight Dec 2012 #2
Johonny Dec 2012 #3
Dark n Stormy Knight Dec 2012 #4

Response to Dark n Stormy Knight (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:39 PM

1. This guy must think so...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 2on2u (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:03 AM

2. Holy crap! Is that Boehner's grandson?

Reply to this post

Response to Dark n Stormy Knight (Original post)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 12:30 AM

3. I was talking to an epidemiologist at thanksgiving

and he said global warming and tropical diseases spreading north would not be good for me.

Reply to this post

Response to Johonny (Reply #3)

Fri Dec 7, 2012, 04:26 PM

4. Holy malaria, Batman! I had never even considered that aspect of climate change. A quick search

tells me it's a threat worth considering.
On one side of the debate stands researcher Ulisses Confalonieri, of Brazil’s state-run Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz), who argues that the press often oversimplifies a very complex issue.

Global warming may be affecting the occurrence and spread of tropical diseases carried by vectors like the Aedes aegypti mosquito. Credit: Jentavery/CC BY 2.0

On the other side, the president of the Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine (SBMT), Carlos Henrique Costa Nery, told IPS that “it is not outrageous to say that climate change has inevitable consequences for tropical diseases.”

“Global warming is ‘tropicalising’ subtropical regions; rising temperatures could bring an explosion of parasite and insect vectors that are expanding into North America, the Southern Cone of South America, Australia and New Zealand,” Costa Nery said.
http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/09/scientists-debate-climate-change-impacts-on-tropical-diseases/

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread