HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Idea for UnAmerican seces...

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:32 PM

Idea for UnAmerican secessionists: Give them a site to donate their American flags...

... to get a tax deduction for the last year of them paying taxes to this country that they so much hate paying..

Since these bums arguably in the past have wrapped themselves in our flag to rationalize so much of their past behavior, and now want to in effect get a divorce from America, we should challenge them on this old "love fest" they have with using the American flag to abuse our system so much and ask them as "good UnAmericans" to donate the flag as a symbol of their departure from our country. And then we'd also have plenty of American flags that we could get from them for those who do want to wave them and start celebrating what America REALLY is for those of us who stay and look to rebuild it back to what it used to be when it was "for the people" and not for the corporate people...

Hard for them to continue to use the American flag in the future if they are no longer Americans isn't it?

Anyone else see the value of this and putting this challenge out publicly to these bums to step up or shut up?

And no... These flags won't be accepted or qualify for tax deductions...

Need to be whole and NOT damaged...

You're probably better off keeping these to yourselves... Not acceptable.

And for those who want to start waving secessionist flags now. This one seems rather prominent for South Carolina from back before the Civil War...

A few others...

NOW look at some other countries' flags and notice a commonality...

Turkey:

Pakistan:

Algeria:
http://www.humnews.com/storage/algeria%20flag.bmp

Tunisia:

And basically that whole region over there...

So... Are these bums aware of how they look to the Muslim world now with these newer flags they're waving? Many probably are laughing loud at them...

4 replies, 1027 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Idea for UnAmerican secessionists: Give them a site to donate their American flags... (Original post)
cascadiance Dec 2012 OP
denverbill Dec 2012 #1
Initech Dec 2012 #2
Marrah_G Dec 2012 #3
cascadiance Dec 2012 #4

Response to cascadiance (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:46 PM

1. I just hope somebody makes a permanent list of all the petition signers.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of idiots who signed, some are surely going to run for office someday. I think future voters might want to know how they feel about the USA.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:48 PM

2. Most of the people advocating secession...

Are probably too stupid to realize they are committing treason against the United States.

Case in point:

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:50 PM

3. I'm left scratching my head as to why folks get upset about this

It's not like it's ever going to happen.

Heck I would be pleased as punch if the North East went off on it's own.

But again, it's not going to happen in my lifetime, so why worry about it.

Reply to this post

Response to Marrah_G (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 02:20 PM

4. At one point, during Bush years I was thinking of Cascadia (hence my sig) up here in the northwest..

... but it was more of an expression of being fed up with our government and where it was going... It's at least a little better now, but still has a long way to go.

I just find it amusing though that those who would so stridently wave our flag to squash anyone from saying anything critical about our country would now in effect be advocating flushing it down the toilet. I'd like to see them pushed to make that choice in reality if they really are sincere about wanting to secede. That or stop that crap and try and substantively engage in Democratic processes and tell us what they really are concerned about with this country, if they have anything valid for us to look at.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread