HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Federalist Papers
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:27 PM

The Federalist Papers

Ok, perhaps I am confused and growing older but....there is a new group on FB, "The Federalist Papers." As you may guess, it is a right wing, conservative group of like minded individuals...yes I am trying to be nice.

I am confused, befuddled, etc. So someone with more knowledge please help me out. Didn't the TRUE Federalist Papers, oppose what would become the Bill of Rights? Alexander Hamilton had issues with enumerating individual rights, from what I remember from college history, he was afraid those listed rights would be the ONLY rights that people would have.

So, why would teabaggers be using them as a group to further their agenda? And yes, I know...reason and knowledge of history is not something that teabaggers are known for understanding or even caring about if they do understand.

The short story in this is teabaggers just make me tired!

1 replies, 507 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Federalist Papers (Original post)
Debau2005 Dec 2012 OP
hack89 Dec 2012 #1

Response to Debau2005 (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:09 PM

1. Madison wrote the BOR.

He also wrote 26 articles for the Federalist papers. Hamilton opposed a BOR in the Federalist papers.

So they are half right.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread