HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Meltdown Gets Ugly as...

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 07:47 AM

The Meltdown Gets Ugly as Conservatives ATTEMPT A COUP To Overthrow Boehner

The #FireBoehner hashtag really took off last night on Twitter. No, it wasn’t started by evil liberals – it was the conservatives at American Majority Action (AMA) who started it. The gang smelled blood and the sharks are circling. The Daily Caller was promoting their version of online activism to “dispose” Boehner of his speakership. They’re mad at a “secret list” they think Boehner used to purge several “real conservatives” from House committees. Republican Reps. David Schweikert, Justin Amash and Tim Huelskamp come up often in these circles, with Freedom Works urging members to call Boehner’s office in order to instruct him to stop kicking real conservatives, such as the above three, from committees.

Conservatives suspect that Speaker Boehner (R-OH) was behind The Republican Steering Committee (Boehner chairs it) voting to remove Reps. Justin Amash (R-MI) and Tim Huelskamp (R-KS) from the House Budget Committee. Who is going to tell these angry conservatives that it is reasonable to assume that Amash and Huelskamp were kicked off at the request or at least mention of Paul Ryan (R-WI), their hero at large? Ryan was after all kept on by the very same Steering Committee as budget chairman, in spite of his inability to do math on the campaign trail.

See, Amash and Huelskamp voted against Paul Ryan’s budget because it did not cut spending enough. Yes, that budget — the one the nuns protested for immorally cutting funding to needy Americans. These two are quite literally destroying the Republican Party’s image (as if that was hard to do at this point). Party leadership must feel they had to be cut off from having the ability to obstruct the GOP from making deals they need to make in order to spare their reputation more damage (read: fiscal cliff deal). No doubt Boehner agrees that these guys have to go if the Republican Party is going to have a fighting chance of not taking the total blame for yet another fiscal cliff/debt ceiling debacle. Boehner is not stupid. He has been, however, ineffective as a Speaker, but he’s also been placed in a horrible position by the Tea Party and he waited too long to grab the reins. He knows his career is on the line, and that’s why he’s threatening panel assignments and reminding his party that leadership is watching their votes.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/271173-boehner-members-punished-for-their-votes

In typical Republican fashion, the Party let the losers learn about their ouster the hard way – with the public, on the Internet from the media. Not cool, but this is the Republican Party. Authoritarianism is all fun and games until you’re on the wrong side of it. So the conservatives’ plan is to get 16 Republicans to refuse to vote for Boehner for Speaker in the new session, so that they can get “real conservative” ideas passed. Now, by real conservative ideas, we are not talking Paul Ryan crazy, but rather worse than Paul Ryan. Believe it.

cont'

http://www.politicususa.com/fireboehner-hashtag-trends-war-escalates-gop.html

65 replies, 9349 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 65 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Meltdown Gets Ugly as Conservatives ATTEMPT A COUP To Overthrow Boehner (Original post)
Segami Dec 2012 OP
KharmaTrain Dec 2012 #1
Segami Dec 2012 #3
Myrina Dec 2012 #39
onyourleft Dec 2012 #8
vlyons Dec 2012 #31
drm604 Dec 2012 #43
frostfern Dec 2012 #50
lbrtbell Dec 2012 #52
drm604 Dec 2012 #53
LiberalLoner Dec 2012 #54
lunatica Dec 2012 #2
Proud Liberal Dem Dec 2012 #4
sendero Dec 2012 #11
think Dec 2012 #28
harun Dec 2012 #34
tanyev Dec 2012 #5
Jeff In Milwaukee Dec 2012 #7
sarchasm Dec 2012 #15
Crowman1979 Dec 2012 #6
hatrack Dec 2012 #18
Segami Dec 2012 #22
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #40
harun Dec 2012 #35
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #41
Jackpine Radical Dec 2012 #45
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #49
starroute Dec 2012 #47
malaise Dec 2012 #9
Segami Dec 2012 #12
Walk away Dec 2012 #10
wordpix Dec 2012 #62
John2 Dec 2012 #13
Segami Dec 2012 #19
Crowman1979 Dec 2012 #30
AgingAmerican Dec 2012 #14
think Dec 2012 #16
a2liberal Dec 2012 #17
Lasher Dec 2012 #20
LiberalFighter Dec 2012 #44
The Wizard Dec 2012 #21
barbtries Dec 2012 #23
Historic NY Dec 2012 #24
rhett o rick Dec 2012 #25
Segami Dec 2012 #26
Jennicut Dec 2012 #36
kamron Dec 2012 #27
vlyons Dec 2012 #29
vlyons Dec 2012 #32
Ganja Ninja Dec 2012 #33
longship Dec 2012 #37
Myrina Dec 2012 #38
lonestarnot Dec 2012 #42
wordpix Dec 2012 #63
rocktivity Dec 2012 #46
randome Dec 2012 #48
Ter Dec 2012 #51
Blue Owl Dec 2012 #55
underpants Dec 2012 #56
spanone Dec 2012 #57
underpants Dec 2012 #59
Jack Rabbit Dec 2012 #58
wordpix Dec 2012 #61
wordpix Dec 2012 #60
upi402 Dec 2012 #64
DeSwiss Dec 2012 #65

Response to Segami (Original post)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 07:59 AM

1. I Love Them Circular Firing Squads...

Someone forgot to tell these douchenozzles this is 2012, not 2010 and the political pendulum is swinging further and further away from them. The obstructionist game cost them the chance to take the Senate and their radical agenda scares the shit out of anyone who isn't white and elderly. The message will need to be delivered again in 2014 and again in 2016...and I'm still not certain these asshats would finally figure out how out of step they are with a majority of voting Americans.

Boner is their best hope here...if we go "off the cliff" the hit will be hardest on the rushpublicans (why I don't mind seeing it happen)...taxes raised on the rich and spending cuts to their beloved defense contractors and other corporate welfare recipiants. So here's the deal...be stubborn and walk off the cliff or work something now and spend the next two years making people forget about it. They're sure not gonna get a better deal with Louis Gommert doing the negotiating.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to KharmaTrain (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:11 AM

3. Shhh,...let the little tea baggers steep themselves into oblivion.

As far as I'm concerned, 2014 should be the next front line focus for Democrats to build on. If tea baggers want to conduct an ideological ' scorched earth ' agenda against their own party weasels,...well, I say, GO AHEAD and here's the match!!

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #3)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:09 AM

39. +100

Thank you.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:33 AM

8. I'm white...

..I'm elderly and it scared me. In fact, I don't know anyone my age who isn't scared.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:21 AM

31. Hey there Kharma!

I'm white and elderly (65), and the tpugs scare the bejesus out of me!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:19 AM

43. I'll just add to the chorus.

I am white but I'm not exactly elderly, but I can tell you that there are most definitely white elderly people who are frightened by their agenda. It isn't about age, it's about information. There are low information voters of all ages. Do you think most of the Ayn Rand worshipers you see on the web are elderly? Do you think it's mostly elderly people who spam comments sections with inane right wing comments? A lot of the elderly people I know don't even have computers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of young people who support this radical agenda.

Reply to this post

Response to drm604 (Reply #43)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:43 PM

50. Unfortunately....

there are a lot of young white conservatives enamored with Ayn Rand and "rugged individualism". There is a really depressing statistic that Obama did not win the white youth (under 30) vote this time around as he did in 2008. It's too easy to just blame old white people and traditional older religious conservatives.

Young people may be more tolerant than their elders when it comes to LGBT issues and individual rights, but they are much less interested in community. A lot of these young people aren't interested in going to church even if they consider themselves religious. I'm agnostic, but as much as I get down on the older religious right for their stances on various issues, the younger less religious conservatives I find much more depressing. Unlike their parents, Gen-Y and Gen-X conservatives don't seem to value collective responsibility at all. It seems not caring about the less fortunate has become cool or something. "The individual" and "independence" is all that matters to them. It's even more painful that a lot of these people have found that they can't be financially independent in this economy but seem too proud to admit that the problem is systemic. They want to believe they will prosper if government would just get out of the way. It's not just "low information". It's a type of cultural narcissism. These people just don't "get it". We'd have to go through something like another 1930s style Great Depression for these people to actually wake the hell up.

I'm really lament in my own generation these days.

Reply to this post

Response to frostfern (Reply #50)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:03 PM

52. Re: GenX and GenY

There is a reason GenX'ers rejected collective responsibility. The boomers' greed (during the Reagan era) created a situation where GenX'ers knew that things like Social Security would very likely not be there for them, when they got old. As a GenX'er myself, that was a big topic of discussion among my peers when I was in my 20's. This fear prodded them into feeling that their only hope for the future was to take care of themselves--because nobody else would.

Given our present discussions in Congress, I still fear that Social Security and Medicare won't be around by the time I'm old. Or if it is, it might be privatized, cut to the bone, or the age raised to the point where I'll be in poverty because I'm too old to work (I have major health issues) but too young to get benefits.

So it's no surprise that many GenX'ers developed an "every man for himself" attitude--there's nothing quite like fear and anger to kill compassion.

Yet we were the first truly diverse generation, in terms of minorities, backgrounds, etc. We can't all be lumped into a category as conveniently as other generations, as a result.

It's not fair to say that GenX'ers don't care about community. We do, but when we do charitable acts, we just don't trumpet them the way that Boomers or Millennials do. There are only 2 traits that GenX'ers have in common: Diversity and a contempt of making a big deal about what we do. We're the "just do it" generation. The media tried to make a big deal about GenX coming of age, but when they saw how boring we were, they gave up, LOL.

As for GenY...yes, there may be conservatives among them, but young people are one of the groups that support Obama most. So what if angry white boys didn't vote for Obama? Angry white boys are racist--what do you expect?

Judging young people by those idiots is like judging America by the posts at Freak Republic.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 01:04 PM

53. Welcome to DU.

Very insightful post.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 02:14 PM

54. Thank you for posting this. I have seen some examples of this

Around me in some of the younger people, but didn't know how widespread it was.

Our culture is a failure if we are not teaching compassion and empathy.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:05 AM

2. It's not a real war unless the moderate Republicans start shooting back

So far Boner and the other Republicans have pretty much given in to the Teabag section of their party. The moderates may not know it but this is a shot across the bow. Teabags have just declared a formal war on the moderates.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Reply to this post

Response to lunatica (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:16 AM

4. "moderate Republicans"?

Where? The ones that the media calls "moderate" in the Senate are still voting to filibuster everything put forward by Democrats and President Obama, including nominations. What "moderates" are left in the House and what are THEY doing?

Reply to this post

Response to Proud Liberal Dem (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:39 AM

11. Moderate Republican doesn't mean the same.

... thing that it did 20 years ago. The new translation would be "not gouging own eyes out insane".

Reply to this post

Response to sendero (Reply #11)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:10 AM

28. Most Democratic politicians are basically the Republican moderates of 20 years ago

Unfortunately that's how effective the extremists on the right wing have been at steering the direction of this country.

Reply to this post

Response to lunatica (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:45 AM

34. The only moderate Republican's left are called Blue Dog Democrat's

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:28 AM

5. Been waiting a long time for this.

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #5)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:33 AM

7. Did you bring a soda?

I'm going to get thirsty.

Reply to this post

Response to Jeff In Milwaukee (Reply #7)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:47 AM

15. Popping some corn now.

This is gonna be good!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:30 AM

6. I would suggest that we all stop correcting these RW-nutjobs and let them eat each other.

Reply to this post

Response to Crowman1979 (Reply #6)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:56 AM

18. You're assuming they're reading this site to check what Teh Traiterz hate . . .

You're also assuming they can read.

Reply to this post

Response to hatrack (Reply #18)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:59 AM

22. Or spell...LOL!

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #22)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:10 AM

40. Or, comprehend ...

if, they could read or spell.

Reply to this post

Response to Crowman1979 (Reply #6)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:46 AM

35. Exactly. When they start digging themselves in to a hole, send them more shovels.

Reply to this post

Response to harun (Reply #35)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:13 AM

41. And don't forget the most important thing ...

Tell them that The Liberals think, and Science indicates, that they really should STOP DIGGING! That'll ensure they dig faster.

Reply to this post

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Reply #41)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:32 AM

45. I hear that the Latinos and African-Americans are getting really scared

about this ideological purity on the right. Afraid that they aren't gonna get their handouts when the Tea Party takes over everything.

Speaking of which (more or less), I voted for Obama and I haven't gotten my stuff yet. Where's my stuff?

Reply to this post

Response to Jackpine Radical (Reply #45)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:37 AM

49. Yep ...

I'm all ascared ...

But as I reported just after the election, I got my free stuff!

It was stuffed in the truck of my Cadillac of that was parked in front of the welfare office, where I was picking up my foodstamps so that I could buy my daily ration of lobster, steak, cigarettes and malt liquor, since I have the time because they removed the work requirement. Fortunately, someone called my on my free Obama-phone, letting me know it was in there. I'm so glad I answered it, but I almost didn't ... I thought it was someone from the temporary agency that I filled out an application with 22 months ago, calling to tell me they found someone that needed someone with a B.A. in Comparative Medieval Poetic Philosophy, that I got from the University of Phoenix for the low, low price of $250,000 - but it's cool, I got a guaranteed loan. Phew, dodged a bullet there.

Reply to this post

Response to harun (Reply #35)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:01 AM

47. The trouble is, it's not a hole but a death spiral

According to Public Policy Polling, "Our final poll before the election, which hit the final outcome almost on the head, found 39% of voters identifying themselves as Democrats and 37% as Republicans. Since the election we've seen a 5 point increase in Democratic identification to 44%, and a 5 point decrease in Republican identification to 32%."
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/12/republicans-not-handling-election-results-well.html

The smaller the GOP gets, the more it will be dominated by the Tea Partiers and the religious right. And the more dominated it is by the TP and the RR, the smaller it gets. Hence, death spiral.

But the dangerous part is that we have a two party system. The GOP retains official parity with the Democrats no matter how bad it gets. The networks are devoted to false equivalences -- meaning they will either paper over how extreme the GOP is getting or will paint middle-of-the-road Democrats as extremists just to make things come out even. And low information voters, who don't follow politics closely but get an occasional urge to "throw the bums out," will vote a radicalized Republican Party into power somewhere along the line unless the fates intervene.

When Goldwater lost in 1964, we though it was a death blow to extreme conservatism. When Nixon resigned in 1974, we thought the GOP would be in the doghouse for a generation. But the first of those events prompted the right-wing to organize, set up its network of think-tanks and legal foundations, and vow never to compromise with the party establishment. And the second gave them the opening to take over control, leading to the Reagan victory in 1980.

Letting the ultras have control of the party machinery would not be a good outcome from any point of view. And in all seriousness, it may be up to progressives to help save the Republican Party from its own worser angels.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:37 AM

9. Please beg them to do this live on TV

please! please!

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #9)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:41 AM

12. A sporting event!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:38 AM

10. That sad article in the Times about "Powerful Boehner"! Does anyone believe it?

If Boehner does then he has already gone over the cliff of reality.

Reply to this post

Response to Walk away (Reply #10)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:13 PM

62. he looks sick to me, not powerful...all those cigarettes and glasses of booze take their toll

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:44 AM

13. Didn't

Boner attempt a coup on Gingrich back in his younger days? The GOP is a trip.

Reply to this post

Response to John2 (Reply #13)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:57 AM

19. What Goes Around, Comes Around: Attempted Republican Coup: Ready, Aim, Misfire

Boehner’s failed coup attempted against Newt Gingrich, when Gingrich was Speaker

In scheming to be rid of House Speaker Gingrich, DeLay and his co-conspirators showed all the talent for intrigue of Peter Sellers in his Pink Panther days. Depending on who's doing the telling, the schemers included one, two or all three of the other House leaders ranked directly below the Speaker--majority leader Dick Armey, G.O.P. conference chairman John Boehner and leadership chairman Bill Paxon--not to mention 20 or more insurgents from the rank and file. Cooked up in secrecy, the coup collapsed before it could begin. The result was a week of backstabbing that left Gingrich weaker yet more entrenched. It could lead, as early as this week, to a complete reshuffling of his leadership team--just as negotiations with the White House on the year's most important legislation enter their critical stage. Says Florida Republican Mark Foley: "It's like a circular firing squad."

One Lousy Week in the Life of Bill Paxon

Thursday, July 10: Help plot a coup; argue about who'll get Newt's job.
Friday. July 11: The coup falls apart. Go see Newt: Nice tie, Mr. Speaker!
Tuesday, July 15: Attend a photo op with Newt. Keep smiling!
Wednesday, July 16: Dodge those pesky reporters. Insist on own innocence.
Thursday, July 17: Resign from the leadership. Watch Newt take revenge.

Tough Days Ahead for His Co-Conspirators?

Tom Delay is not talking. But Newt's targeting him for revenge.

John Boehner says he was a mole among the rebels. Will Newt buy it?

Dick Armey had a change of heart mid-coup. That may save him.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/07/21/time/gingrich.html

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #19)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:20 AM

30. Or as Ricky from "The Trailer Park Boys" use to say...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:46 AM

14. Is this Grover's threatened "Tea party II" revolt?

Stupid on steroids.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:50 AM

16. The GOP brought this upon themselves

by promoting a platform based on ignorance, arrogance, and fear.

I'll relish watching the party get ripped apart by the montsers it created.....

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:51 AM

17. more theater

Push the conversation rightward by having conservatives say Boehner is too liberal, make the mainstream narrative assume that his views are moderate

Reply to this post

20. Eric Cantor is ecstatic

Of this I have no doubt.

Reply to this post

Response to Lasher (Reply #20)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:30 AM

44. Likely one behind it

Reply to this post

21. The Modern Prometheus II

The monster returns and throws Boner into the lake.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:00 AM

23. they're like the middle east

it will never end.
it will ebb and flow but it will never end. sigh.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:03 AM

24. All from the gang that can't shoot straight....

we should encourage GOP thermal nuclear war. The more they are divided the better chance of a Democratic bill passing.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:07 AM

25. No honor among asshats. I wonder what we can do to help. nm

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:08 AM

26. WAR DRUMS at Tea Party Nation

Bold emphasis is mine.

There is a hashtag now floating around twitter. It is simple and it is to the point.

John Boehner must go.

He is totally unwilling to fight Barack Obama, but he is quite willing to fight conservatives. His white flag of surrender is out and he is ready to agree to massive tax increases that will only grow the big government state but will also destroy the Republican Party.

So what do we need to do?

I was not the first to come up with this idea but I was one of the first to call for getting rid of John Boehner and warning that he was going to be a disaster for the conservative movement.

On March 1, 2011, I wrote that then out of control actor Charlie Sheen was making more sense than John Boehner. I also called for a primary opponent for Boehner.

The fight today is much simpler than trying to primary John Boehner.

If sixteen Republicans defect and refuse to vote for Boehner as Speaker, he will not have the requisite 218 votes to be reelected.

We need to put pressure on Republican Members of Congress to vote against Boehner for Speaker.

It is safe to say we already have four votes. Those would be from the conservatives removed from Committees. Louie Gohmert, who is one of the heroes in Congress who nominated Newt Gingrich to be Speaker during Party Leadership elections might well be a 5thvote.

I will not link to:

Tea Party Nation

Reply to this post

Response to Segami (Reply #26)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:48 AM

36. When Gohmert is someone's personal hero, you know you are dealing with a real nut.

I think we Dems can sit back and watch the show. I will grab my popcorn AND my Sno-Caps. I love a good show. I think we should call it: The Republicans That Couldn't Shoot Straight....Except at Each Other.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:08 AM

27. thats what i've been saying

Stop helping them!!! let them eat each other, Don't correct their spelling or logic, let them live in that imaginary world. At first it was just cool to be a tea bagger, til some smart ass told them what that meant, remember the tea bagging 4 jesus lady, remember get a brain Morans. Priceless comedy gold.
There's a reason you don't deal with the crazies, Pass the popcorn.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:18 AM

29. Let's send Boehner to Seattle!

Then he can take that ciggie out of his mouth, roll a big fat J, and smoke some relaxing top notch bud. Rumor has it that cannabis helps to relieve stress.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:32 AM

32. Doesn't all this GOP Sturm und Drang make you appreciate Pelosi all the more?

What a smart, smart woman Leader Pelosi is! As Speaker, never brought a bill to a vote that she hadn't already whipped enough votes. Advocated and executed bringing more diversity into leadership positions, sponsored and mentored younger members for leadership roles in the future.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:42 AM

33. Please! Please! Let them turn on each other and start dishing dirt and spilling beans.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:55 AM

37. Let the chair throwing begin in the Republican caucus. nt

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:05 AM

38. mmmm.... Teh Crazee smells so good on a cold crisp morning!

That's what the GOP gets for encouraging total disregard for facts or reality from it's base.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:14 AM

42. I would like to make a wager that no one in the United States is enjoying this more than me!

Reply to this post

Response to lonestarnot (Reply #42)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:16 PM

63. haha, I'm loving it, too! Icing on the cake of 2012 election

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:46 AM

46. The same thing happened to Ging-grinch, if memory serves me correctly

Last edited Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:43 AM - Edit history (1)

Amash and Huelskamp voted against Paul Ryan’s budget because it did not cut spending enough -- love it!

rocktivity

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 11:02 AM

48. Bring on the Ugly!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 12:51 PM

51. Who do tea baggers hate Boehner?

I mean, we can't stand him either so you would think they would love him.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 03:41 PM

55. Mr. Nowhere's finally getting somewhere -- to the SHIT-CAN!

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:08 PM

56. That's funny I read a headline today about the vote of confidence that Boehner got last night

I think that that was on Politico but I am not sure

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #56)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:20 PM

57. i've seen that too....wtf?

Reply to this post

Response to spanone (Reply #57)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 09:15 PM

59. "Mr. Cantor signed on this week to Mr. Boehner’s package "

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 08:28 PM

58. Real conservatives? FreedomWorks?

Last edited Fri Dec 7, 2012, 01:30 AM - Edit history (1)

Anybody a Koch funded organization would call a "real conservative" must by a crypto-fascist.

Reply to this post

Response to Jack Rabbit (Reply #58)

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:11 PM

61. real conservatives= rich asshats

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:10 PM

60. "activism to “dispose” Boehner of his speakership." This group ain't to smart, rite?

Not only do they use "dispose" instead of "depose," but they haven't figured out yet that getting rid of Boner still won't get them what they want considering there's a Dem admin. and Dem majority in the Senate. Keep doing stooopid stuff, repukes, while your constituents are without jobs, money for college, retirement funds, affordable health care...

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 6, 2012, 10:19 PM

64. Even Coulter is on the other side of Hannity and the Teabaggers

Bring a tarp, this may get messy.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 12, 2012, 04:14 PM

65. And they're series too!

The backlash against Speaker of the House John Boehner’s removal of several conservative members of Congress from committees continued Wednesday, with one conservative group calling for Republicans to “depose” Boehner from his speakership.

American Majority Action (AMA) is launching a #FireBoehner campaign. If 16 members of the Republican Party abstain from voting for Boehner as speaker in January, he will be one vote shy of the 218 necessary to confirm his speakership.

MORE - Warning it's the Daily Caller

Or you can try the humorous version of this story from Wonkette

- K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread