HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » College Student Crusades ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:07 PM

College Student Crusades For White Student Union, Says ‘White Culture Is Dying’ (VIDEO)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/04/college-student-crusades-for-white-student-union-says-white-culture-is-dying-video/21-
year-old Matt Heimbach is making headlines for attempting to launch a White Student Union at Towson University near Baltimore, MD. Raw Story reports that the chunky campus whacktivist keeps whining about how “white culture is dying,” while “every other single group has a union — Jewish, black. Why don’t white students get equal treatment?”

Heimbach even has the nerve complain that “we live on a campus where there is discrimination against whites,” because of his school’s affirmative action programs. This, in spite of the facts that 2010 US Census data shows that the city of Baltimore. MD is 63.6% black, while Towson University’s student body is 68% white, according to Forbes Magazine. Heimbach’s persecution complex may also have something to do with the faculty advisor who backed out of his previous “Youth for Western Civilization” group, because it promoted “a supremacist kind of agenda,” according to the university’s Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs for Diversity Victor Collins.

Campus groups require a faculty advisor in order to be officially recognized by the university. Given the angry student petitions circulating, and Heimbach’s previous group’s habit of inviting “racial realism” proponent Jared Taylor to speak, official recognition for the new group is unlikely to be forthcoming.

What, ME racist? But I’ve got a black friend, see? And my man just LOVES a man in (confederate) uniform. Photo from Matt Heimbach’s Twitter profile, which describes him as a member of “Maryland League of the South, member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, and proud defender of liberty.” Heimback swears he’s not a white supremacist, but sounds an awful lot like one.

=========================================

Just Another Godforsaken Red State - let 'em secede ... oh, wait.

12 replies, 1007 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 12 replies Author Time Post
Reply College Student Crusades For White Student Union, Says ‘White Culture Is Dying’ (VIDEO) (Original post)
ashling Dec 2012 OP
loli phabay Dec 2012 #1
ashling Dec 2012 #8
JaneyVee Dec 2012 #2
southernyankeebelle Dec 2012 #5
Zoeisright Dec 2012 #3
loli phabay Dec 2012 #4
southernyankeebelle Dec 2012 #6
Codeine Dec 2012 #7
Arctic Dave Dec 2012 #9
theHandpuppet Dec 2012 #12
muntrv Dec 2012 #10
freshwest Dec 2012 #11

Response to ashling (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:12 PM

1. lol for the last line

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to loli phabay (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:33 PM

8. Glad you noticed that line

nobody else seems to have gotten the point yet

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:14 PM

2. Why would anyone want to re-enact a war they lost??

Reply to this post

Response to JaneyVee (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:21 PM

5. Remember theres no place like home. Theres no place like home. Click those little

black boots and off you go. I remember when Towson use to be a state college.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:15 PM

3. Let us hope.

And anyone who re-enacts the Civil War is a complete loser.

Reply to this post

Response to Zoeisright (Reply #3)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:17 PM

4. i wouldnt say that though not into it myself i know a lot of people into it

Civil war ww2 medieval etc etc lots of different people just like the history etc though some are losers.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:23 PM

6. Theres nothing wrong with that. That is history friend and very interesting to see. The

trick is not to live in that time frame. You need to come back to the real world.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 08:24 PM

7. I know a number of reenactors, none of them losers.

There are certainly some dickish individuals in that hobby, but it's inane to condemn them all.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 09:14 PM

9. What does the Civil War have to do with being "white".

Has this guy never heard of St. Patty's Day? Sons of Norway?

Reply to this post

Response to Arctic Dave (Reply #9)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 10:50 PM

12. And my personal favorite, Tartan Day!

Paint yourself blue and let's go have ourselves a battle!

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 09:16 PM

10. Hey Matt! Where's your klan regalia?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 10:37 PM

11. He'd have to define white culture, first. What would they be promoting? I'm betting it wouldn't be

Shakespeare, classic music, ballet, opera or architecture. And those weren't solely 'white' by any stretch of the word, just in general. Right now, 'white' culture is being defined by grifters and liars. Not that it's a racial characteristic, but the only media voices I hear bemoaning the 'darkening of America' is Faux, and that's not culture. As far as Americans go, the only culture we is what the commerical culture sells us. No matter how crass, cruel or destructive. We're plastic waiting for a mold to fit. This guy is being silly. If anyone wants to promote something as 'white,' they'd better have something good to sell.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread