HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wolf Blitzer Stumps Top H...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 05:43 PM

Wolf Blitzer Stumps Top House Republican By Asking For Spending Cut Specifics

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/12/05/1290691/top-house-republican-speechless-when-asked-for-specific-fiscal-cliff-spending-cuts/

Earlier this week, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) released a vague counter offer to President Obamaís plan to avert the so-called fiscal cliff, offering $800 billion in revenue by closing unspecified loopholes and deductions and $1.4 trillion in spending cuts. Republicans have refused to provide details and have pressed Democrats to detail which cuts they would accept.

On Wednesday, during an appearance on CNNís Situation Room, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) became speechless when asked to list the spending reductions Congress should adopt, as host Wolf Blitzer pressed the Chairman of the House Republican Conference for just one example. Fellow guest Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-CA) just threw his hands up in frustration and detailed the $1 trillion plus in cuts Democrats have already supported:

(snip)
BLITZER: What? Give me an example?

McMORRIS RODGERS: Well, it is, itís, looking at the spending, looking at entitlement reform, looking at the growth in government. And you know what the President put on the table, the President is moving in the wrong direction. He proposed higher taxes than he ever said during the campaign, more stimulus, more spending, thatís moving us in the wrong direction.

&feature=player_embedded

4 replies, 716 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wolf Blitzer Stumps Top House Republican By Asking For Spending Cut Specifics (Original post)
cal04 Dec 2012 OP
1StrongBlackMan Dec 2012 #1
louis-t Dec 2012 #2
spanone Dec 2012 #3
Earth_First Dec 2012 #4

Response to cal04 (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:00 PM

1. I loved Blitzer's last line before the video ran ...

Hold your thought because we're ... you're getting into ...

Let me finnish that for you Blitzer ... "You're getting into TRUTH and SPECIFICS, here! ... And we can't have that!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:18 PM

2. He asked for specifics by accident.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:56 PM

3. clueless on cnn....they only have talking points. not a shred of substance. that brought romney down

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:58 PM

4. lmao, I entered this thread to respond: "entitlement spending"

and low and behold... "looking at entitlement reform"

I don't know whether to be shocked or fucking stupified...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread