HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Video catches Oklahoma po...

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 04:27 PM

Video catches Oklahoma police officer using TASER on woman in handcuffs

The department found the officer violated the police departments policy for handling the tazer. The officer was given a two week unpaid suspension and he'll have to undergo some more training. The American civil liberties union says that's not enough. But what the civil liberties union has to say isn't going to change anything, and Americans remain silent.

Ms Williams doesn't fall to the ground during the attack but her lawyer claims the real damage was done when officers removed the taser's barbs, out of the view of CCTV.
'They sat her down on a bench and yanked them out... they were embedded in her upper-left breast, if you can imagine,' Jeremy Beaver said.
'They were supposed to take her to the hospital to remove those.'

The lawsuit also claims that Mr Taylor-Santino lied on a report he filed in connection with the taser episode, not realising the whole incident had been caught on CCTV.
'In his 'use of force report,' (Mr Taylor-Santino) sought to cover up and/or conceal his actions... by omitting that (Ms Williams) was handcuffed when she was shot with the taser,' the suit alleges.
'As a result, he was found to have acted 'within policy' by police department officials.'
The suit also draws attention to the officer's 'violent work history.' It claims he has been involved with and instigated a 'disproportionate number' of violent conflicts with suspects compared to his colleagues.
http://cybertribenetwork.blogspot.com/2012/12/shocking-video-catches-oklahoma-police.html

#!

15 replies, 1005 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to DaniDubois (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 04:34 PM

1. If he lied on a report, he should be fired.

If I'm a defense attorney in another case, I'm bringing up his personell record with documentation of him lying to discredit his testimony...that makes him pretty useless as a LEO.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HooptieWagon (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 04:47 PM

3. Agree with that and would add

He should have no legal support in civil action by his employer or union, if applicable.

Reply to this post

Response to HooptieWagon (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:06 PM

6. He should be prosecuted as well. nt.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 04:45 PM

2. The Real problem, Ma'am, is that No Officer Witnessing the Crime Arrested the Criminal

Every officer who just watched should be broken off the force; the man who committed the assault with a deadly weapon should do five years in stir.

Reply to this post

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:10 PM

7. This is what happens every single time

a cop commits a crime in the presence of other cops. It's very hard to take the argument that "it's only a few bad apples" seriously, when we see this happen time and time again.

Reply to this post

Response to The Magistrate (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:13 PM

8. Some time ago, I believe it was you who said that officers will continue to break the law like...

...this until the day comes when they feel their fellow officers will immediately intervene and arrest them for doing so.

I thought that was remarkably astute observation.

PB

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 05:12 PM

4. Where is Holder? Obvious civil-rights violation. But will Holder do anything at all?

From the casual way that the cop did this and the casual way that the other cops are just standing around, what are the odds that this is the only time that this Oklahoma copy and the police department did this?

What are the odds that Holder will do nothing?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 05:12 PM

5. I thought tasers were suppose to be used in place of shooting someone...not to make

them do every thing you want, when you want or don't like. I remember when they first came out...they said they should be used because they were a better alternative to shooting someone.

Reply to this post

Response to Auntie Bush (Reply #5)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 07:34 PM

13. no the taser is lower on the use of force continuim

It is not meant to be deployed in life or death situations and is not considered deadly force. It is not even considered as bad as using an asp or baton as statistically it causes less injuries than the aforementioned. It has been used to disarm armed suspects but cops are trained to use tbeir firearms when weapons are involved.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:20 PM

9. As long as we keep bleating...

..."they are heros" about cops, good ones and psychopaths alike, they will keep treating us like livestock.

That POS criminal, antisocial thug with a badge, should be doing time for felony assault. Instead, a slap on the wrist and more "training."

Meh.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:29 PM

10. I count 6 officers there

and they don't seem to be too worried about her hurting anyone.

They should all be fired.

Reply to this post

Response to onethatcares (Reply #10)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 06:33 PM

11. a bunch of males and one puts the tazer to her breast. Seems inappropriate

Reply to this post

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Reply #11)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 07:36 PM

14. not supporting this idiot but when you fire a taser you aim for central mass as it has the most effe

I doubt her being hit on the breast was anything other than the prongs hitting her on central mass.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 07:22 PM

12. Law enforcement attracts low quality individuals

Unfortunate reality.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 09:17 PM

15. Barbs? WTF?! I thought taser gave a purely electronic shock. Am I the only one here who didn't know

about the barbs? Jeezuz, I hate when things are worse than I thought.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread