HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Outrage over 'racist' Mex...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 02:51 PM

Outrage over 'racist' Mexican-themed sorority party

Outrage over 'racist' Mexican-themed sorority party where members dressed up in ponchos, mustaches, and sombreros (and said they'll mow lawns for beer)

An offensive photo that surfaced of a Mexican-themed sorority party has caused an uproar on Penn State’s campus.

The image shows members of the Nu Gamma chapter of Chi Omega wearing colourful ponchos, sombreros, fake finger moustaches for a party held earlier this year.

Some of the women are carrying cardboard signs that read: ‘Will Mow Lawn For Weed + Beer.’ Another sign read: ‘I Don’t Cut Grass, I Smoke It.’

The photo was first spotted by Onward State, an alternative student blog at Penn State. It was apparently taken around Halloween.

According to the blog, Penn State’s Greek Life director, Dr Roy Baker, along with other leaders at the school, have been discussing possible punishments for the sorority, including possible suspension.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243166/Outrage-racist-Mexican-themed-sorority-party-members-dressed-ponchos-mustaches-sombreros-said-theyll-mow-lawns-beer.html

2 replies, 1203 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Outrage over 'racist' Mexican-themed sorority party (Original post)
JRLeft Dec 2012 OP
The Straight Story Dec 2012 #1
joeybee12 Dec 2012 #2

Response to JRLeft (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 03:02 PM

2. Bunch of assholes...nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread