HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Obama: We Are Not Going T...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 12:29 PM

Obama: We Are Not Going To Negotiate With The Debt Ceiling

Obama: We Are Not Going To Negotiate With The Debt Ceiling

David Taintor 11:19 AM EST, Wednesday December 5, 2012

President Obama on Wednesday described Republicans who are considering holding the debt ceiling vote hostage in additional negotiations after the so-called fiscal cliff in January as partaking in a "bad strategy for America."

"I will not play that game," Obama told business leaders at a quarterly meeting of the Business Roundtable in Washington. "We are not going to play that game next year. We've got to break that habit before it starts."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-gop-tying-debt-ceiling-vote-to-fiscal?ref=fpb

I like Obama 2.0!

2 replies, 446 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Obama: We Are Not Going To Negotiate With The Debt Ceiling (Original post)
RomneyLies Dec 2012 OP
AnotherMcIntosh Dec 2012 #1
Ganja Ninja Dec 2012 #2

Response to RomneyLies (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 12:31 PM

1. Important, if true.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RomneyLies (Original post)

Wed Dec 5, 2012, 12:51 PM

2. There is no reason the Democrats need to coax the Republicans to raise the debt ceiling.

First off the people are now seeing through the old GOP lie that the Democrats are the big spenders. If anything Republicans should be trying to coax the Democrats to raise it. Republicans are the party in charge. They control the purse strings. They're the party in trouble judging from the last election. It's as much if not more in their interest to see the government stays open for business as it is the Democrats. If anything the Democrats should demand a jobs bill or some other sweetener before they let the GOP off the hook this time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread