HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If Obama can't get them t...

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 05:27 PM

If Obama can't get them to come up to 39% then we should go over the so called cliff instead

It's the better option isn't it? Or am I missing something?

4 replies, 420 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply If Obama can't get them to come up to 39% then we should go over the so called cliff instead (Original post)
Quixote1818 Dec 2012 OP
patrice Dec 2012 #1
AnotherMcIntosh Dec 2012 #2
DJ13 Dec 2012 #3
MrSlayer Dec 2012 #4

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 05:31 PM

1. That's what I think. Things really couldn't get much worse in terms of the kinds of CHANGES

that most of us need, not just right now, but for the future of this nation.

I think we should hold out for the Real Deal.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 05:39 PM

3. Yeah, I think it would be better

The biggest gain in going over the fictitious "cliff" is the cuts to defense, as theres no other way to cut that with the GOP protecting it.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 05:50 PM

4. We should go over no matter what. Everything would go back to the way it was.

Not just the top rate, which doesn't really hit the 1% that hard. A guy like Romney won't feel that top rate at all because he doesn't pay income tax. Capital gains will go back to 20% which he and the other money for nothing scum do pay and the corporate minimum tax of 16% comes back which also helps. No more billion dollar rebates for Exxon or GE.

The top rate argument doesn't address the problem. It's not going to help that much. Go over the cliff and force the pukes to eat a real shit sandwich. Or just do nothing. I don't mind paying extra taxes if it means there is more money for programs and improvement projects.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread