HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Boehner and McConnell Sho...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 03:34 PM

Boehner and McConnell Should Just Quit

I detect some frustration and feel it, too.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2012/12/4/13440/5463

Boehner and McConnell Should Just Quit

by BooMan
Tue Dec 4th, 2012 at 01:04:40 PM EST

I think John Boehner should just give up and resign. He can't lead his pack of fools. The White House has no reason to take him seriously. He can't deliver a deal. You would think that a bunch of Wall Street head honchos and defense contractors and doctors could convince rank-and-file Republicans to stand up to Grover Norquist, but they evidently are not having any success.

And then there is Mitch McConnell. He couldn't convince his caucus to ratify a treaty on the rights of the disabled. (Roll call @ link). Bob Dole showed up to try to convince his former colleagues to act in a sane manner, but he was ignored. McConnell should resign in disgrace.

1 replies, 405 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Boehner and McConnell Should Just Quit (Original post)
babylonsister Dec 2012 OP
dballance Dec 2012 #1

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 03:59 PM

1. Why Would Corps' Want their Reps to Stand up to Norquist?

This is about one of dumbest statements I've heard lately:

"You would think that a bunch of Wall Street head honchos and defense contractors and doctors could convince rank-and-file Republicans to stand up to Grover Norquist, but they evidently are not having any success."

They're having great success. Many of them pay no taxes and some of them even got refunds from the government even though they posted profits.

So why, exactly, would they want to change that?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread