HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » News from a friend in Hun...

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 03:13 PM

News from a friend in Hungary brought this story that has

been posted on DU before to my attention. Our friend said that thousands of people had demonstrated in Budapest against this anti-Jewish, anti-Gypsy, neo-NAZI movement. Apparently the party represenging these neo-NAZIs or neo-Fascists had won 40, I repeat 40 out of 300 seats in the Hungarian Parliament.

Our friend has informed us that members of the neo-NAZI movement have allegedly killed Gypsies but that so far no one has been convicted of these crimes.

I do not know anything about the website that I am posting from. I don't know what country or what political point of view it has. Seems to carry a lot of celebrity gossip. But my friend corroborates the story.

Please note that there is an interesting video at the bottom of the webpage. I recommend that people watch it. It is interviews with participants in this huge demonstration.

http://www.inquisitr.com/421880/thousands-attend-anti-nazi-rally-in-hungary-to-protest-far-right-partys-calls-for-screening-of-jews/

My question is whether this story is being adequately covered by US media?

I don't follow our media all that carefully but when I Googled the story, I did not find anything much from US media on it -- not on the demonstration.

2 replies, 508 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply News from a friend in Hungary brought this story that has (Original post)
JDPriestly Dec 2012 OP
southernyankeebelle Dec 2012 #1
AverageJoe90 Dec 2012 #2

Response to JDPriestly (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 03:38 PM

1. Well I don't know if you have Direct TV but if you do try tunning into Link TVor Democracy Now.

They cover things that you don't always see on tv. Also believe it or not Al Jazeera English (online) gives you alot of information. I have a feeling there is lots our country keeps from us all. It doesn't matter what party you are in. Surf the internet. I speak alittle Italian so I googled free Italian news and I tune in every so often since I have relatives living there. Google news for the country your looking at.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JDPriestly (Original post)

Tue Dec 4, 2012, 05:02 PM

2. Sad but true, I think.

Been keeping an occasional eye the European far-right for a little while now....things do NOT look good for Hungary right now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread