HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Catholic Priest to 'Fox &...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 05:18 PM

Catholic Priest to 'Fox & Friends': 'Silly' for You to Be 'So Angry About This War on Christmas'

Last edited Mon Dec 3, 2012, 06:46 PM - Edit history (1)

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/catholic-priest-fox-friends-silly-you-be-so-

Catholic priest is counseling hosts of Fox & Friends to chill out and enjoy the holiday season instead of being "so angry about this war on Christmas" that their network has been hyping.

Fox News co-host Clayton Morris began a Sunday segment about the "war on Christmas" by announcing that "across the country, nativity displays being nixed and Christmas trees being called holiday trees instead."

"I'm going to bet that Father Jon, our religion contributor, has some thoughts on this," co-host Alisyn Camerota said, setting Father Jonathan Morris up to blast atheists' supposed "war" on the Christian holiday.

"The reason Iím not angry is that -- yes I think itís silly, itís out of place for people to dedicate so much energy to try to get rid of Christmas scenes like this -- the good news is when Christianity has been persecuted, when it has been outlawed, when people have died for this faith, it hasnít gone away," the conservative Catholic priest explained. "And everybody has an opportunity to make sure that their faith does not go away in this Christmas season and to live that faith as a family, as a community."

6 replies, 923 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Catholic Priest to 'Fox & Friends': 'Silly' for You to Be 'So Angry About This War on Christmas' (Original post)
Mass Dec 2012 OP
CurtEastPoint Dec 2012 #1
pangaia Dec 2012 #2
Mass Dec 2012 #3
pangaia Dec 2012 #6
tanyev Dec 2012 #4
Ya Basta Dec 2012 #5

Response to Mass (Original post)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 06:40 PM

2. Looks to me like he is saying

that it is silly to spend so much energy trying to get rid of Christmas displays. NOT that it is silly to get all bent out of shape about some imagined war on Christmas.. I could be wrong..

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to pangaia (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 06:45 PM

3. Listen to the video.

He actually says it is not worth getting upset on this issue.

But I agree that the quote is misleading, and I do not agree with most what this guy said, but the core of what he said was that there was not that much war on Christmas, and also that he agreed that a small town mainly Muslim should be able to put Koran verses on their courthouse just like a mainly Christian town should be able to put the 10 Commandments. I cant say I agree with this, but I am also sure some heads exploded when he said that.

Reply to this post

Response to Mass (Reply #3)

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 07:44 PM

6. Thanks, Mass.

Honestly, I didn't listen to the video. I was just--too lazy. And my post was the result.
I will do better next time.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 07:35 PM

4. Whoever screened that guy is getting a lump of coal in their stocking.

Or a pink slip.

Reply to this post

Mon Dec 3, 2012, 07:43 PM

5. The commercialization of Christmas is a far bigger war against it than saying happy holidays.

So why isn't fox on a crusade aginst that?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread