HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I hope this is not true

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 09:00 PM

I hope this is not true

What if I told you the Obama administration's first major post-election policy move was a big, fat gift for Rupert Murdoch?

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-74/14745-focus-is-the-fcc-plotting-a-giveaway-to-rupert-murdoch

What if I told you some of us will try to not let this happen?

On Edit: The FCC's own data show ownership of broadcast radio and television stations by women and minorities remains at abysmally low levels. Women own less than 7 percent of radio and TV stations; people of color control only 3.6 percent of TV stations and 8 percent of radio stations.

This is why this is important: http://signon.org/sign/restore-the-airwaves

2 replies, 866 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I hope this is not true (Original post)
Left Coast2020 Dec 2012 OP
banned from Kos Dec 2012 #1
Left Coast2020 Dec 2012 #2

Response to Left Coast2020 (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 09:05 PM

1. Sam Zell already ownes those newspapers - just one wingnut for another

Last edited Sun Dec 2, 2012, 09:45 PM - Edit history (1)

Besides, the rule that two newspapers in a city cannot be owned by the same company is archaic now that most cities are down to one newspaper.

I live in Atlanta and we have one paper (fairly liberal) and the state is Deep Red.

(ETA - The Tribune Company filed Ch 11 several years ago so technically Sam Zell no longer owns it)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Left Coast2020 (Original post)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 09:42 PM

2. This is true.

But if repugs truly wanted the market to be competative there would be 2 or 3 papers and 20-25 different broadcast owners( i.e. Los Angeles) repugs would be making an honest statement.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread