HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Anyone noticing more repo...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:29 PM

Anyone noticing more reports on murder suicide?

Police: Hero instructor fought son in arrow attack

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) A Wyoming community college instructor killed in a grisly classroom murder-suicide was hailed as a hero Saturday, with police saying he gave his students time to flee by distracting and fighting off his son after the younger man barged into his computer science class and shot him in the head with a high-powered bow and arrow.

The arrow severely wounded James Krumm, 56, but he managed to wrestle with son Christopher Krumm, 25, of Vernon, Conn., while students escaped the Casper College classroom Friday.

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20121201/1bed9aac-602b-4c29-92a9-fbe147d1d742

Jovan Belcher Dead: Chiefs Player Committed Suicide In Front Of Coach And GM After Killing Girlfriend, Police Say

KANSAS CITY, Mo. It began like any other Saturday for the Kansas City Chiefs during the NFL season, their general manager and coach at work early to put final touches on this weekend's gameplan. Then they got a call to hurry to the parking lot.

The two men rushed through the glass doors of Chiefs headquarters and came face-to-face with linebacker Jovan Belcher, holding a handgun to his head.

Belcher had already killed his girlfriend and sped the short distance to Arrowhead Stadium, right past a security checkpoint guarding the entrance. Upon finding his bosses, Belcher thanked general manager Scott Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel for giving him a chance in the NFL. Then he turned away and pulled the trigger.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/01/jovan-belcher-dead-chiefs-suicide_n_2224374.html

Police fear missing parents may kill themselves, 2 children over daughter's autism

Overwhelmed by their 4-year-old daughter's autism, James Firth and his wife vowed to kill themselves and their children if the girl's condition didn't improve or their money ran out, Melbourne police said late Friday.

Firth, 43, Mai Dang Firth, 31, and daughters Trieu "Kiah" Co Firth, 2, and Chieu "Kristin" Quan Firth, 4, have been missing since Thursday. They live in Vietnam but were in the U.S. to get medical treatment for Kristin.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-missing-family-suicide-pact-20121130,0,6723728.story

9 replies, 1135 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Anyone noticing more reports on murder suicide? (Original post)
Baitball Blogger Dec 2012 OP
RagAss Dec 2012 #1
Baitball Blogger Dec 2012 #2
RagAss Dec 2012 #3
Baitball Blogger Dec 2012 #6
LiberalEsto Dec 2012 #4
Baitball Blogger Dec 2012 #5
GeorgeGist Dec 2012 #7
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #8
Baitball Blogger Dec 2012 #9

Response to Baitball Blogger (Original post)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:42 PM

1. Why were 2 unarmed men told to hurry to the parking lot?

And who called them and told them to do so?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RagAss (Reply #1)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:47 PM

2. It doesn't sound like protocol for someone who has a gun to his head, does it?

Reply to this post

Response to Baitball Blogger (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:48 PM

3. No. This could have been even a bigger tragedy than it was.

Reply to this post

Response to RagAss (Reply #3)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:02 PM

6. He seemed to be resigned when he was confronted.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:50 PM

4. People are incredibly stressed

The economy and all its consequences are weighing down on too many people.

Reply to this post

Response to LiberalEsto (Reply #4)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:01 PM

5. I know the feeling.

I hope Obama can get this economy moving.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 03:00 AM

7. No!

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 03:04 AM

8. i was feeling that way but was unable to document it in the stats. suicide is up, but murder

& crime generally is supposedly down. i don't quite believe it, myself. my own neighborhood is getting distinctly scarier in some ways.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #8)

Sun Dec 2, 2012, 10:29 AM

9. I'll keep an eye to see if there are more examples.

I think I missed one which involved a father and daughter and dog. They were in a car outside of the house and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The mother wasn't even aware the child had been taken.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread