HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ignoring Reality Doesn't ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:20 PM

Ignoring Reality Doesn't Make News Nonpartisan

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/11/30/ignoring_reality_doesnt_make_news_nonpartisan.html

November 30, 2012

Ignoring Reality Doesn't Make News Nonpartisan

Michael Grunwald: "I realize that the GOP's up-is-downism puts news reporters in an awkward position. It would seem tendentious to point out Republican hypocrisy on deficits and Medicare and stimulus every time it comes up, because these days it comes up almost every time a Republican leader opens his mouth. But we're not supposed to be stenographers. As long as the media let an entire political party invent a new reality every day, it will keep on doing it. Every day."

http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/30/fiscal-cliff-fictions-lets-all-agree-to-pretend-the-gop-isnt-full-of-it/

Fiscal Cliff Fictions: Letís All Agree to Pretend the GOP Isnít Full of It

5 replies, 767 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ignoring Reality Doesn't Make News Nonpartisan (Original post)
babylonsister Nov 2012 OP
freshwest Nov 2012 #1
The Magistrate Nov 2012 #2
Jamaal510 Nov 2012 #3
John2 Nov 2012 #4
muriel_volestrangler Dec 2012 #5

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:03 PM

2. Beautiful Rant, Ma'am

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:41 PM

3. BREAKING NEWS: CNN has just reported it is too early to decide whether

ignoring reality makes news nonpartisan or not.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:13 PM

4. This is very

true, and the Press has started down this downward spiral, ever since the Reagan era, when he coward them from asking tough questions. His supporters would always rant, they were the Liberal media. So it is to my surprise, that Ronald Reagan once repeated what Democrats are saying right now about Social Security not being part of the Deficit. Thanks to Al Sharpton, that is the first time I heard about it.

So that got me to thinking about other things the Press seems to fail at reporting. John Boehner for instance once supported and authorized a farm Bill to his District, which also included a Food Stamp Program. Not only that Boehner has ties to Lobbyists such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Citigroup, R.J. Reynolds, Miller Coors and UPS. These are his constituents.

Boehner also favored the Budget proposal by Paul Ryan. I also find this very interesting:
John Boehner in 2008, met with Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to favor a Bill for TARP. I thought the Federal Reserve was not suppose to be political? Boehner also cashed out on an equity investment, the very same day. Boehner also favors raising the retirement Age for Social Security to 70 years old. why is the Press leaving this information out? I think the Public should know who this guy is?

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 05:16 AM

5. Good to see this in Time

which can often be one of the worst "we'll pretend Republicans are always reasonable, because otherwise that would show our politics is screwed up" culprits.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread