HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Boehner says "We're ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:41 PM

Boehner says "We're Almost Nowhere"...

<snip>
House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) declared Friday that "we're almost nowhere" near a deal to avoid the fast approaching fiscal cliff, lashing out at President Barack Obama for insiting on higher taxes for the wealthy.

Speaking after Obama made a pitch in Pennsylvania to let tax rates rise for the top 2 percent of earners, the GOP leader insisted the widely divergent postions expressed by both sides were not just posturing and negotiating points, but represented a genuine deadlock.

"There's a stalemate. Let's not kid ourselves," Boehner told reporters on Capitol Hill, insisting his side was doing all it could to find an agreement. "I'm not trying to make this more difficult. If you've watched me over the last three weeks, I've been very guarded in what I have to say, because I don't want to make it any harder for me or the president or members of both parties to be able to find common ground."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/john-boehner-fiscal-cliff_n_2219098.html

8 replies, 864 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Boehner says "We're Almost Nowhere"... (Original post)
kentuck Nov 2012 OP
madinmaryland Nov 2012 #1
tjwash Nov 2012 #2
Johonny Nov 2012 #4
spanone Nov 2012 #3
danlap Nov 2012 #5
mercuryblues Nov 2012 #6
HughBeaumont Nov 2012 #7
Blue Owl Nov 2012 #8

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:58 PM

1. Now the orange village drunk is the Nowhere Man. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:59 PM

2. WTF is the WE shit there boner-boy?

You got a mouse in yer pocket again?

Reply to this post

Response to tjwash (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:20 PM

4. +1

he should resign if he can't do the job. Pelosi got the job done time and time again.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:07 PM

3. well, if he's talking about republicans, he's right on.

hang in there john, you'll soon BE nowhere.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:27 PM

5. If agreeing with you is wrong, I don't want to be right!

I thought this country was run as a democracy. If 98% of Americans will benefit by increasing taxes on the wealthy -- where's the problem. If my math serves me right 98% is more than half of the country, which I do believe is a majority.

Next, if the Republicans are so sure that Obama's plan will fail, why not approve it. If they are right they can say ". . . I told you so" giving them a huge step up on the political scene. If Obama is right the Republicans can say to the American people ". . . We were in your corner. We played ball with the Dem's to try to bring about bi-partisanship and put an end to the financial cliff." Again, giving them a step up on the political ladder while at the same time doing something useful for a change to help the American people. Either way it is a win for them and for the country.

I received an email the other day that said: If Obama endorsed air, the Republicans would find a way to suffocate themselves. I believe it.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:27 PM

6. Let me see

if I have this right.

Boehner, the LEADER of the house does not like the proposal sent to them by the President. Instead of sending back a counter proposal more to their liking, Boehner is in front of the cameras demanding a new proposal with more cuts, while saying he is being guarded in his actions. Not once suggesting any cuts at all. He's guarded alright. Just like a fox with the hen house.

Oh, Mr President send him another proposal with higher taxes and fewer cuts. We gave you a mandate, now use it FFS.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:34 PM

7. Plain and simple, he serves The Most Important Yard Gnome In History, not America.

RESIGN, drunkard.

You're in over your head. The era of your petulant spoiled demanding without compromise is OVER.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:56 PM

8. The Fool on the Hill

Or, maybe the Tool on the Hill...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread