HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Finally, something Mitt R...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:03 PM

Finally, something Mitt Romney won.

"We assembled this chart by sorting PolitiFact’s complete list of “Pants On Fire” rulings http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/rulings/pants-fire/. We filtered out any rulings of chain email or anonymous Facebook posts (although these were virtually all conservative viewpoints), as well as politicians or organizations who had only one “Pants On Fire” ruling (but again, even these were mostly conservatives).

The results are, sadly, not surprising. But the situation is grave. PolitiFact (and other supposedly unbiased fact-checking sites) paint Mitt Romney as a serial liar. They also unfairly tarnish Michele Bachmann as a liar, when anybody who follows her already understands that many of her statements aren’t meant to be truthful in the first place — she simply says what she feels.

Notice that PolitiFact states that Barack Obama lies more than Sarah Palin. That’s good news — but keep in mind that Barack Obama’s statements are across two campaigns, while Sarah Palin’s were across only one.

To have any semblance of fairness, PolitiFact should play it 50/50 and present an equal number of lies from both sides. They clearly are not concerned with any pretense.

Conservative Fact Check: Definitive Proof of Politifact’s Bias http://conservativefactcheck.com/content/articles/50"

So, Conservative Fact Check is a real thing that exists in the world. The above chart and text is a real thing that I just read there.

OBVIOUSLY, PolitiFact is biased because they aren’t willing to under-report conservative lies. Personally, I’ve always thought PolitiFact is actually exceptionally uncharitable when fact-checking Democrats, as if they are trying their hardest to find evidence of left-wing lies on the same scale as what the right does.

Sourse: Existential Crisis Factory

6 replies, 977 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Finally, something Mitt Romney won. (Original post)
Unknown Beatle Nov 2012 OP
tblue Nov 2012 #1
IDoMath Nov 2012 #2
peace13 Nov 2012 #3
Barack_America Nov 2012 #4
Initech Nov 2012 #5
Chiyo-chichi Nov 2012 #6

Response to Unknown Beatle (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:06 PM

1. I fully expected his britches to spontaneously combust

at any moment. I'm shocked they never did. Must be those special protective undies.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:08 PM

2. What a crock of sh**

They call this "definitive proof of politifacts bias" or could it be that conservatives lie more often. I also love this line about Bachmann -

"They also unfairly tarnish Michele Bachmann as a liar, when anybody who follows her already understands that many of her statements aren't meant to be truthful in the first place"

They have a real different definition of truth than I do.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:13 PM

3. My guess is that estimate is low.

I see Crossroads GPS up there near the bottom. Those lying liars called here many times with entire lies. Go figure! How is it that they look clean?

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:19 PM

4. He beat Bachmann. Wow.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:57 PM

5. His pants are on fire!!!!!!

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:25 PM

6. Riiiight. Barack Obama has told more "pants on fire" lies than Palin, Limbaugh, or Beck.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread