HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Be Good Because The Feds ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 12:25 PM

Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court

A recent indictment of American terror suspects revealed that the FBI considers Facebook 'Likes' and 'Shares' admissible as evidence.

Mike Masnick of TechDirt reports that the FBI actually counted how many 'Likes' and what kind of media got those 'Likes' in their somewhat high-visibility indictment of a homegrown terror plot.

Here's a screengrab of the part of the official statement which explains use of the social media:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/indictment-of-terror-subjects-reveals-fbi-uses-facebook-likes-and-shares-for-evidence-2012-11

3 replies, 702 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Be Good Because The Feds Will Use All Your Facebook Likes And Dislikes Against You In Court (Original post)
n2doc Nov 2012 OP
Buns_of_Fire Nov 2012 #1
randome Nov 2012 #2
AnnaLee Nov 2012 #3

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 12:29 PM

1. Great. Now it's unAmerican to like Carlos Santana. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 12:31 PM

2. If he had a list of names in a little black book, wouldn't that be the same thing?

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 02:15 PM

3. It is hard for me to believe that people click "like" on an Amazon ad.

But Facebook keeps telling me that a friend "likes" Amazon and shows an ad link.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread