HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » How I love the sound of R...

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:13 AM

How I love the sound of Republicans gnashing their teeth in the morning!

Oh, the outrage! Oh, how dare Obama issue his Fiscal Cliff demands! Oh, how dare he DISS the GOP so! How dare Obama take his case to the people (he's continuing to campaign and that's BAD!)!

Joe Scar was in high dudgeon this morning and I couldn't be more delighted! When he is in psychic pain I am joyful.

Mika was great, really she was! She was laughing so hard she had to put her head down on the table. Richard Wolffe really laid into him. Poor old lame Harold Ford, Jr. was his usual useless self and ought to be replaced.

Quite a crew today on Morning Joe. Be still, my heart...

11 replies, 1145 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply How I love the sound of Republicans gnashing their teeth in the morning! (Original post)
CTyankee Nov 2012 OP
JustAnotherGen Nov 2012 #1
CTyankee Nov 2012 #3
jberryhill Nov 2012 #4
KharmaTrain Nov 2012 #2
trishtrash Nov 2012 #5
CTyankee Nov 2012 #6
butterfly77 Nov 2012 #10
CTyankee Nov 2012 #11
librechik Nov 2012 #7
CTyankee Nov 2012 #8
butterfly77 Nov 2012 #9

Response to CTyankee (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:21 AM

1. I was shouting at the television this morning

David Gregory implying that President Obama has more room in his base because he is a 2nd term President.

Uh - nope Mr. Gregory - your little friend John Boehner needs to go back to his Little Tea Partiers with their little cups and little spoons and tell them 'game over'. This man and the Senate are NOT starting a cat food commission and grandma isn't going out and buying her own health insurance.

I for one am not even remotely afraid of the Fiscal Cliff.

I'm a high earner. Starting January 1, 2013 know what this means to me? They actually will collect SS tax on my ENTIRE salary.

That's a GOOD thing. No more of this nonsense where I pay only the first 6 months of the year. If we pay all the way - Social Security will be fine when I retire at 67.

And they better not change my effin' retirement date.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to JustAnotherGen (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:26 AM

3. We got to see Joe Scar waving his arms this morning! I love it when he does that!

Esp. while he is yelling! Poetry in motion, I tell ya!

His pain at the thought of Obama continuing to take it to the people was especially gratifying to me! I know Obama has touched a nerve when he gets Joe all worked up like this.

Keep it up, Mr. President. You will win big with this approach...

Reply to this post

Response to JustAnotherGen (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 10:13 AM

4. +1

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:26 AM

2. Pretty Predictable, Eh?...

They're back on the "aloof and arrogant" Obama jag today...as if it's the President is insulting them by attempting to govern and negotiate. How dare him! He's getting "uppity"...and that doesn't sit well with the old boys club...especially on Bullshit Mountain. Remember, they always need a poutrage and now that Benghazi's fizzled, it's time to bang the drums of fear about the economy going to hell. This despite the best economic indicators in the past decade and forecasts of even better improvement ahead. Once again, rushpublicans defy gravity and blame you when they keep hitting their heads on the pavement.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 10:19 AM

5. Oh, the indignation of it all!

Morning Joe was really amazing. I thought for a minute that the election was all a dream. Such chutzpah of the President to put forward a balanced, reasonable proposal that clearly reflects the views of most Americans, and even includes some stimulus spending which, heaven forbid, will reduce unemployment and put spending money in people's pockets. (Professor Krugman, your voice has been heard!). And then, with regard to Medicare costs, we are once again reminded that the whole problem is the need for tort reform. The right wingers are in serious la-la land! And as for Harold Ford, he is indeed pathetic. I haven't heard a single word out of his mouth in many months that is not a staple right wing talking point.

Reply to this post

Response to trishtrash (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:23 PM

6. MJ had better get with it or its relevance will dry up and blow away in the wind.

Get Ford and some of the older gasbags off the show. Toss Rendell, he's so yesterday. Ditto Carl bernstein and "Medicare check" Brokaw. Dismiss Barnicle and his "regular guy" schtick. I think they've already bounced Peggy Noonan after she showed up drunk a couple of times too many.

I'm also thinking Joe's stories about his being in Congress are beginning to wear thin. I can almost repeat verbatim what he's said/going to say and that's just pathetic...

Reply to this post

Response to CTyankee (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:36 PM

10. Richard Wolfe is the only one..

who gave it back to him,did you hear the crack about how Wolfe knows nothing about 97,98,99 because he was across the pond. I guess that was his way to tell him he is not an American.

Reply to this post

Response to butterfly77 (Reply #10)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:11 PM

11. Yeah, like he's stupid...poor guy. He's really outnumber by idiots...

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:29 PM

7. That show gave me an ulcer

Joe was spouting authoritarian declarations without substance incessantly. "That's nonsense!" and talking over anyone with a lick of sense.

Reply to this post

Response to librechik (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:38 PM

8. He wouldn't let Sam Stein finish his thought for a long time and finally Sam managed to

do so.

Joe knows deep down that Obama has some winning cards in his hand and he's not going to back down without a real fight in which he enlists the same people who came out in droves to re-elect him. And joe fears that.

I'm hoping for an ad campaign across the country showing the Republicans for what they really are and asks for a torrent of support for the President's position. We shall see, Joe. We shall see.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:32 PM

9. Harold Ford is his yes man..

when he wants him to agree he leads him on and says Harold and I say,then waves for harold to join in with his bullshit.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread