HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Change is happening becau...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:06 AM

Change is happening because President Obama & friends are the community organizer that he is

for all those Debbie Downers, Cutten Runners, Sad Sams who keep putting President Obama down-

I told you all years ago that 2013 was going to be the year when everything came together after his reelection when he was free from ever running again

And President Obama was derided by the right for that comment that one person does not build things THE COMMUNITY DOES

And our President, the community orgnaizer and CHICAGO in general (Chicago is a good word, not bad, and one helleva great city on top of it) but like my New York City, Chicago has a style and political acumen unparalleled in the world.

It indeed is Community Organizations like Saul Alinsky (whom the republicans hated and still do) founded

Like all the others since

And WE (the nation) that are on the side of President Obama are part of that community
and it is US alongside President Obama that is making things happen.

It is no coincidence that UNIONS are now a good thing again, after so many decades of being dismantled by the right.

UNIONS=GOOD
anti-unions=BAD

and WE are winning now

Those whining or tearing President Obama down are not seeing the big picture. They are seeing one piece of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that they don't like, but they forgot to look at the completed picture on the box of that jigsaw puzzle, down the road sometime in the future
aka FORWARD.

WE are winning step by step inch by inch 10% by 10%.

And tomorrow will be an even better day, together in unity is power
division they win

anything done by this team of community organization has my 100% backing.
They know what they are doing
They see the completed picture

and its not blind fanzine following

It is that picture I too see and will follow whatever it is they do

That is how things are built

You want a new remoldling of your house?
You hire a contractor who hires a staff who buys the equiptment, builds the foundation first, the individual rooms, the staircases, who toil and labor for months and at the end the completed project.
Unless you yourself are the contractor, you allow them to do it, stay out of their way unless asked to help out with some part, and then admire what together all achieved afterward.
You do not tell that contractor wait, let me nail this in, let me saw this piece of wood.
That is their job.
You sit back and voila, the finished piece is what you envisioned in the first place, perhaps looking even nice.

Those dissenters should step back a minute and think about what division does.

And work WITH not against for the total picture, not just some piece of the puzzle only important to you or a few based on the entire 100% piece of the puzzle.

WE voted him in twice. LET HIM DO HIS JOB with the community organization that allowed us to get him in office in the first place.

UNIONS FOREVER!

(if only we had LBJ to strongarm the congress again like he did when he was majority leader in the senate)

39 replies, 2415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 39 replies Author Time Post
Reply Change is happening because President Obama & friends are the community organizer that he is (Original post)
graham4anything Nov 2012 OP
Union Scribe Nov 2012 #1
LAGC Nov 2012 #2
graham4anything Nov 2012 #5
LAGC Nov 2012 #7
graham4anything Nov 2012 #9
LAGC Nov 2012 #13
graham4anything Nov 2012 #16
Union Scribe Dec 2012 #23
graham4anything Nov 2012 #20
Union Scribe Dec 2012 #22
graham4anything Dec 2012 #28
Union Scribe Dec 2012 #34
vi5 Nov 2012 #3
graham4anything Nov 2012 #4
graham4anything Nov 2012 #17
madrchsod Dec 2012 #38
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #6
graham4anything Nov 2012 #8
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #10
graham4anything Nov 2012 #11
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #14
Union Scribe Dec 2012 #35
madrchsod Dec 2012 #39
graham4anything Nov 2012 #12
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #15
graham4anything Nov 2012 #18
graham4anything Nov 2012 #19
HiPointDem Nov 2012 #21
graham4anything Dec 2012 #27
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #31
Fumesucker Dec 2012 #25
Union Scribe Dec 2012 #36
Bonobo Dec 2012 #24
Fumesucker Dec 2012 #26
graham4anything Dec 2012 #30
Fumesucker Dec 2012 #32
MannyGoldstein Dec 2012 #29
HiPointDem Dec 2012 #33
MannyGoldstein Dec 2012 #37

Response to graham4anything (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:28 AM

1. I take it you've renounced your support of Mayor Bloomberg

I mean, with all this pro-union sloganeering you're now doing, you can't possibly still truck with a man who wages war against organized working people. Right?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Union Scribe (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 05:45 AM

2. No, he loves Bloomy.

It doesn't matter that Bloomy is a right-wing authoritarian, so long as he wants to ban guns.

Reply to this post

Response to LAGC (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:52 AM

5. Bloomberg was is and always will be a liberal dem from Mass- further left than Kerry/Warren combined

Matter of fact, just got back from the club, am in the midst of composing a new thread which I shall post a little later both in the gun section and here on just something similiar.

But Bloomberg is a major liberal was and is, from Mass. He is to the left of both Elizabeth Warren and John Kerry combined on 90% of the issues.

Some people's person angle of course precludes them from admitting it.

BTW, Jesus, a Community Organizer like Chicago, was against guns too, but let's take the talk of guns out of this thread.
You all don't want to hijack it.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #5)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:04 AM

7. Obama's been great on guns.

Expanded carry in national parks, signed no gun control bills during his time as President.

I'm sure he won't during his second term either.

I know that must disappoint you.

Reply to this post

Response to LAGC (Reply #7)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:10 AM

9. A redwood doesn't grow in a minute & Rev. Al Sharpton is the singular in media who tells the truth

fools, like Rachel Maddow and Ed the bloviator derided Obama after debate one.
So did many people here misguided as it was to be Debbie Downers, Sad Sams and Cutten Runners.

Of course, like always, President Obama was only rope-a-doping the fools, the loser who's name I forgot shot his load empty, and come debate two and three, had no ammo left to reload and came up a mile away from winning.

Like that picture showed of President Obama and the man I forgot his name, yesterday "That's my seat sucka!"

Sometimes seeds take a long time

BTW-How was your Tommy Jefferson doing when he wrote the consitution you all spew so much? That part of "WE ARE ALL EQUAL" especially.

Seeming that Tommy did not live the words he wrote, as he owned people and abused them at his will. Thomas Jefferson, not the person you thought you knew.
But then he gave you #2.

#2 makes me #2 too.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #9)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 AM

13. Thomas Jefferson was a great man, and regretted owning slaves clear up to his last dying breath.

Have you ever been to Monticello? You should go sometime.

It's amazing seeing his estate, his polygraph machine that he used to craft copies of his letters, his library... he was a thinker way ahead of his time.

We don't just owe the Second Amendment to him, we owe the First Amendment as well, the right for us to freely speak our minds on public forums such as this one.

Reply to this post

Response to LAGC (Reply #13)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:22 AM

16. Regrets after the fact are meaningless. Lee Atwater also apolozied at the end.

Apologies are made to God so they can get to whereever it is they believe they are going.

Regrets were a great line in the (C)Paul Anka written, Frank Sinatra and Sid Vicious sung "MY Way"

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #5)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 06:44 AM

23. That was the least coherent thing I've ever read on DU.

BTW, Jesus, a Community Organizer like Chicago, was against guns too,

What in the ever-loving fuck does that even mean.

Reply to this post

Response to LAGC (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:35 AM

20. I am tired of the smears against Mike Bloomberg the person.You know not what you speak.

Philanthropy

According to a profile of Bloomberg in Fast Company, his Bloomberg Philanthropies foundation has five areas of focus: public health, the arts, government innovation, the environment, and education.

According to the Chronicle of Philanthropy, Bloomberg through his Bloomberg Philanthropies Foundation, donated and/or pledged $240 million in 2005, $60 million in 2006, $47 million in 2007, $150 million in 2009, $332 million in 2010 and $311 million in 2011. 2011 recipients include the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health; World Lung Foundation and the World Health Organization. In 2008, Bloomberg's website announced a combined donation of $500 million with Bill Gates to help governments in developing countries with tobacco control.

According to The New York Times, Bloomberg was an "anonymous donor" to the Carnegie Corporation from 2001-2010, with gifts ranging from $5 million to $20 million each year. The Carnegie Corporation distributed these contributions to hundreds of New York City organizations, ranging from the Dance Theatre of Harlem to Gilda's Club, a non-profit organization that provides support to people and families living with cancer. He continues to support the arts through his foundation.

In 1996, Bloomberg endowed the William Henry Bloomberg Professorship at Harvard with a $3 million gift in honor of his father, who died in 1963, saying, "throughout his life, he recognized the importance of reaching out to the nonprofit sector to help better the welfare of the entire community." Bloomberg also endowed his hometown synagogue, Temple Shalom, which was renamed for his parents as the William and Charlotte Bloomberg Jewish Community Center of Medford.

Bloomberg reports giving $254 million in 2009 to almost 1,400 nonprofit organizations, saying, "I am a big believer in giving it all away and have always said that the best financial planning ends with bouncing the check to the undertaker."

On July 21, 2011, Bloomberg announced that he would donate $50 million to Sierra Club's “Beyond Coal” campaign, the grassroots organization’s efforts to close older coal plants and prevent new ones from being built. The gift, spread out over four years, will come from Bloomberg Philanthropies.

Also in July 2011, Bloomberg launched a $24 million initiative to fund “Innovation Delivery Teams” in five cities. The teams are one of Bloomberg Philanthropies’ key goals: advancing government innovation.

In December 2011, Bloomberg Philanthropies launched a partnership with online ticket search engine SeatGeek to connect artists with new audiences. Called the Discover New York Arts Project, the project includes organizations HERE, New York Theatre Workshop, and the Kaufman Center.

On March 22, 2012, Bloomberg announced his foundation was pledging another $220 million over four years in the fight against global tobacco use.

Bloomberg could be the most generous higher education donor in history. After giving $120 million towards new buildings at Johns Hopkins Hospital, including the Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children’s Center, the school announced his total giving surpassed $800 million. His first gift to the school was $5 in 1965.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #20)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 06:42 AM

22. Get this through your fucking skull:

Bloomberg is an ANTI-UNION GLOBALIST CONSERVATIVE FUCKWAD. There is NOTHING you can say that changes that. He is NOT A DEMOCRAT and your constant backing of him should really see you banned from this site.

Reply to this post

Response to Union Scribe (Reply #22)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:11 AM

28. actually, he is the single #1 biggest environmentalist of all time. #1 that is. Not #2 #1

how much charity have you given?
do you know all the causes he gives?

You are talking about his role as mayor.
Which has NOTHING to do with the man himself

a mayor has a job to do, that sometimes is agianst what someone's own wedge issue might be.

And YES he is a democrat. Face it. He is he is he is he is he is
Ask anyone from Mass the last 70 years, ask his mother who just recently passed away at 102, great genes that family has (and bloomberg started with zippo dollars. Poorer than the fraud Edwards was.)

I am hoping Mike Bloomberg starts financing every single democrat who is against guns
to run against every single democrat who is pro NRA and guns
Dem vs. Dem
Like in California, we can weed out ALL guns from the street, when we start with the legal ones. You can never ban an illegal gun til there is no doubt the gun in the street is all illegal.
And if takes him backing anti-gun republicans to get his message across, more power to the Dems that see it.

He is the Equalizer against the NRA. First time in history someone is willing to protect the common person form the #1 lobby group in the world.(the NRA).

And Bloomberg single handedly has kept Walmart out of Manhattan protecting all the moms and pops in Manhattan
or didn't you know that

and the world is one now.
not liking a Chinese person is so backward in time
This is the after revolution age. The person in China is the same as the person here.
We are all citizens of the planet earth.

we are one.

and Mike Bloomberg has given billions to the environment causes.

How much charity has Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich given?

btw- again, a Mayor(any mayor) has a role to play and where do you expect the mayor to fund from? The state. I would think your beef should be with Andrew Cuomo.

BTW-were you a fan of John V. Lindsay? He was a great union person and great for the unions.
My favorite NYer of all time. Funny thing is, he got derided for his being such a great union man
back then. It is ironic.

BTW-if Bloomberg is not a democrat, why is he backing Christine Quinn to replace him?
And why did he back the greatest president since LBJ in 2012?

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #28)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:56 AM

34. You support Republican union busting and offshoring.

Last edited Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:30 AM - Edit history (1)

The sooner you are gone from here the better.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 06:03 AM

3. Did I miss something?

Did I miss some sort of majorly pro Union action or words on the part of the president? Did he find his walking shoes? Did he send Arne Duncan packing?

What did I miss?

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:47 AM

4. You missed waking up in the morning and opening your eyes to the beautiful sunshine awaiting the new

Some people see a cloud and say eeww

I see the little piece of blue in the sky and say wow

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:25 AM

17. Arne Duncan bio on wiki-sounds like someone to be a good role model for future generations

Duncan was raised in Hyde Park, a Chicago neighborhood encompassing the University of Chicago. He is the son of Susan Goodrich (née Morton) and Starkey Davis Duncan, Jr.

His father was a psychology professor at the university and his mother runs the Sue Duncan Children's Center, an after-school program primarily serving African-American youth in the nearby Kenwood neighborhood. His ancestry includes Norwegian, Scottish, German, Swedish, and English; his maternal great-great-great-grandfather was U.S. Representative Milo Goodrich.

While growing up, Duncan spent much of his free time at his mother's center tutoring or playing with students there.

Some of his childhood friends were John W. Rogers, Jr., CEO of Ariel Capital Management (now Ariel Investments) and founder of the Ariel Community Academy, Illinois State Senator Kwame Raoul, actor Michael Clarke Duncan, singer R. Kelly and award winning martial artist Michelle Gordon.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #17)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:26 AM

38. duncan? union busting private school duncan?

the guy who left the chicago school system in shambles? the guy who is running public schools across the country into the ground?

ask the real community organizers in chicago---the chicago teacher union members about guys like duncan and his best friends from chicago.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 07:56 AM

6. Lloyd Blankfein likes Obama's deficit reduction plan = bad news for the masses.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:04 AM

8. There is a line in the sand. You got Jeb Bush in 2016 or Obama's pick Hillary.

Don't vote for one, you get the other

the lady or the tiger? as they said on Batman tv episode with the only Cat Woman that ever mattered.

BTW-has Dennis Kucinich or Ron Paul given 1/100000 to charity that Michael Bloomberg the person did.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #8)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:10 AM

10. what does any of that have to do with what i said?

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #10)

Response to graham4anything (Reply #11)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:19 AM

14. your post is about the changes obama is bringing. the most immediate change on the horizon

is the deficit negotiations.

i don't know what you're talking about re stereotypes. i wrote one line: lloyd blankfein likes obama's deficit plan. Because Blankfein just made such a statement to the press.

get over the hero worship. obama is a politician.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #11)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:59 AM

35. You say, "63% of anti-Wall Street yappers" are anti-semites

The more you say the worse you sound.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #8)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 09:27 AM

39. hillary is not going to run for president

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #6)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:18 AM

12. oh wait, I see now, I googled Lloyd Blankfein's name and aha, I get it.

Life and career of LLOYD BLANKFEIN

Blankfein was born in the Bronx borough of New York City to a Jewish family and reared in the Linden Houses, a New York City Housing Authority project in the East New York section of Brooklyn. His father was a clerk with the U.S. Postal Service branch in the Manhattan borough of New York City and his mother was a receptionist. As a boy, he worked as a concession vendor at Yankee Stadium.

He received primary and secondary education in the public schools of the New York City Department of Education, and was the valedictorian at Thomas Jefferson High School in 1971. He attended Harvard College, where he lived in Winthrop House, and earned his A.B. in 1975. In 1978, Blankfein received a J.D. degree from Harvard Law School.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #12)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:21 AM

15. Blankfein was just quoted in the press saying he likes obama's deficit plan. And however

humble his origins, he's currently a billionaire lobbying to raise the age for medicare and SS and having super-duper private meetings with the president.

Last night, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein came out of the CEO meeting with President Obama and said that the President's plan to avert the fiscal cliff was "very credible."

It's still not clear what mix of spending cuts and tax hikes Obama is focusing on, but we do know that Blankfein, like many other CEOs, thinks that an increase in the retirement age is something that we should be shooting for as a way to alleviate the perceived entitlement crisis.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/interview-with-james-galbraith-on-lowering-the-retirement-age-and-the-fiscal-cliff-2012-11#ixzz2DhgvJmNf

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #15)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:29 AM

18. When a person retires, they normally die soon after (actuary #s). People live longer are now working

longer

An idle mind leads to a premature death.

(and this has to do with healthy people. Obviously not those who are disabled, who of course I am sure you know, have disabilty given to them from whenever they first needed it.)

I wouldn't want to retire myself. To do what? Count the days til the end?

I would myself want to be a contributing member of society.

It's like if I won the powerball. I would still be the same.

As Sammy Davis Jr. Sang "I gotta be me".(wish he were still here, died way too young)
(C)walter marks.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #18)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:30 AM

19. BTW- the plan has been adopted? I thought there was no plan at this point

You are just quoting news bytes.

We don't know what the plan is.

Reply to this post

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 03:38 PM

21. actually, forecasted life expectancy at age 65 is just 5 years longer than when SS was

founded, & SS has already been adjusted for two of them. Also, those extra years are not necessarily healthier years. Also, life expectancy is now declining in the US for many populations and in some years for the population as a whole.

There are many ways to keep a mind and body active & contribute in retirement. If you want to keep working, feel free. Most people actually take SS early, with reduced benefits. Some because they must (lost job, no income, unable to work physically, etc), others because they just want to.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #21)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:00 AM

27. Again, if you can get a health system like France has (#1 in the world), what you gain outweighs the

cost thousands to one

all is part of a plan
stop only looking at one tiny part of the plan

And FDR did not count on a number of things, neither did LBJ that were not around back then

among which- now every person in a household works (then one or the other did)
then-every kid was apt to go get drafted, now there is no draft all those kids need jobs
(Are YOU saying you want a draft now?)

Actually, some sort of 2 year national service would not be a bad idea(NO, not military, but some sort of community bettering of America would work and in return free college and a delaying of needing a job for at least 2 years if not more.

Also, they never counted on the internet either taking away jobs

or the fact that indeed, the world is one because of the net, no more borders anywhere

and a person there is the same as a person here.
One world all together in the whole shebang.

And they didn't count on the aholes not allowing all the great people citizenship after granting amnesty, so that their tax dollars and they also would then have SS dollars too.

Lots have changed

and they didn't count on Bush43 entering the White House because of a nusiance like Ralph Nader.

Get a system now in the process like France with health care, have ZERO bills when sick
and you find that will take out the single biggest cost someone would rely on.

and of course, with that wellness program in place, people all would live much longer

(and if the gov. takes over the health industry, they can provide cures without the bogus
profits needed by companies)

but we gotta give the federal government some leeway here to advance to a modern new world society.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #27)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:30 AM

31. we don't have a system like france's & we're not going to. more likely that france will have

a system like ours, which has steadily gotten more profit-oriented despite being more state-subsidized. it's basically a system of state-subsidized rents for pharma & medical devices.

your entire message is "sit down, shut up, follow the great leader"

sorry, this isn't north korea

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 06:50 AM

25. Your latest piece of performance art is derivative and cartoonish

I give it a 4.5 out of 10.

You really can do better.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:00 AM

36. So the GOP is doing oldsters a favor by not wanting them to retire.

And you're backing the Republican stance. Again.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 06:45 AM

24. You're my favorite new performance artist. I look forward to all your posts!

Keep on rockin' them out! You're awesome!

Reply to this post

Response to Bonobo (Reply #24)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 06:52 AM

26. I thought the Three Stooges were awesome

When I was about nine.

Then I grew into Benny Hill and Monty Python.

Reply to this post

Response to Fumesucker (Reply #26)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:15 AM

30. Benny Hill is anti-women now. Obama slew the Knight who said Ni in 2012.

and just like the Knight who said Ni- the loser in 2012 didn't know he was a loser.
I too laughed and laughed at his show (especially his side kick, the older bald guy I think who was Jackie Wright. Which is ironic, in that the way Benny patted him on the head was much like the choreographed vaudville shctick of the Stooges (I have the complete box set of theirs). Benny btw is on Antenna TV station (114 in NYC area), every early Sunday morning.

with this, its time for my morning workout.
later.

Reply to this post

Response to graham4anything (Reply #30)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:30 AM

32. Yeah, but the Stooges were a one note samba while Benny Hill was a smorgasbord

To mix a rather odd metaphor.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:13 AM

29. Study: American Households Hit 43-Year Low In Net Worth

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – The median net worth of American households has dropped to a 43-year low as the lower and middle classes appear poorer and less stable than they have been since 1969.

According to a recent study by New York University economics professor Edward N. Wolff, median net worth is at the decades-low figure of $57,000 (in 2010 dollars). And as the numbers in his study reflect, the situation only appears worse when all the statistics are taken as a whole.

According to Wolff, between 1983 and 2010, the percentage of households with less than $10,000 in assets (using constant 1995 dollars) rose from 29.7 percent to 37.1 percent. The “less than $10,000″ figure includes the numerous households that have no assets at all, or “negative assets,” which is otherwise known as “debt.”

Over that same period of time, the wealthiest 1 percent of American households increased their average wealth by 71 percent.

Forgive me in thinking that we have a ways to go. The wealthy have been saved; the rest of us are getting austeritized. That's just wrong.

Reply to this post

Response to MannyGoldstein (Reply #29)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 07:31 AM

33. please consider an OP.

Reply to this post

Response to HiPointDem (Reply #33)

Sat Dec 1, 2012, 08:23 AM

37. Oh sure. And again get called a vomit-slurping paid Republican agent of Karl Rove?

Well... Sticks and stones... Wil do it a little later.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread