HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » C'mon Harry! Call his blu...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 12:50 AM

C'mon Harry! Call his bluff!

The weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth from Boner & Co. about the filibuster is off the chart! CALL HIS BLUFF!

Every "argument" they make about "abusing" republicans and curtailing filibusters just makes it more and more necessary to follow through. Filibuster reform won't "curtail" filibusters, it will simply make them a real activity again. The original rule was enacted because the American people were furious at congress for filibuster-related gridlock. So, they streamlined the process. Well, now that process is abused and again, the American people are furious at filibuster-related gridlock.

All we ask is that you put your ass on the line. Get some skin in the game. If you want to filibuster then actually filibuster. If we had had a real filibuster in 2004, maybe Byrd could have slowed to rush to war.

But Boner's wailing is starting to sound like "We're not going to play." That's fine. 55 is a quorum. Stay home. Let the senate run without you. I'm sure the American people will totally respect you for that.

2 replies, 477 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply C'mon Harry! Call his bluff! (Original post)
IDoMath Nov 2012 OP
longship Nov 2012 #1
IDoMath Nov 2012 #2

Response to IDoMath (Original post)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 04:27 AM

1. Ummm! Boehner isn't in the Senate?

You do know that, I hope.

Sorry, friend.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to longship (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 30, 2012, 08:42 AM

2. Yeah but he's playing anyway

He's threatening to shut down the house.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread