HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » This "fiscal cliff&q...

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 PM

This "fiscal cliff" nonsense needs to end....We need to flood the offices of Congress...

...with calls and emails.

In no uncertain terms, we need to tell them that we are tired of their games and if they don't get it together soon, they will experience the wrath of the American people. IF they get enough people calling and writing, they will take notice.

2 replies, 514 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply This "fiscal cliff" nonsense needs to end....We need to flood the offices of Congress... (Original post)
kentuck Nov 2012 OP
1StrongBlackMan Nov 2012 #1
iemitsu Nov 2012 #2

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:38 PM

1. Yup ...

and done.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:46 PM

2. I have already begun daily calls to my senators.

I have them both on speed-dial. Their offices in DC open just before I leave the house for work on the west coast, so I call each morning before heading out the door. I made the commitment to do this again last week and plan to continue until my manic stage gives way to depression.
I did the same thing for nearly six months when Bush was in charge, complained about everything he wanted to do.
The interns that answer the phones will get to know you quickly if you are the first call they answer each day. Be polite but insistent. I think it has some impact and its fun. A good way to sharpen the brain before work.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread