HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is this true Canadians? B...

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:14 PM

Is this true Canadians? Baird has given Iranian Diplomats 5 days to leave

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird delivered a diplomatic bolt from the blue Friday, abruptly and unexpectedly severing ties with Iran, shuttering Canada’s embassy there and giving Iranian diplomats in Ottawa five days to get out of the country.

3 replies, 544 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is this true Canadians? Baird has given Iranian Diplomats 5 days to leave (Original post)
lovuian Nov 2012 OP
lovuian Nov 2012 #1
DonViejo Nov 2012 #2
lovuian Nov 2012 #3

Response to lovuian (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:27 PM

1. I don't know this is true just saw it on the internet

and it looks suspicious
I did see this
Iran Uses Quebec To Deflect Canada's Human Rights Criticism
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/10/22/iran-quebec-canada-baird_n_2002523.html

QUEBEC - Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird abandoned host-country niceties Monday as he levelled a blistering attack against the human rights records of Iran, Syria and Uganda before some 1,400 international parliamentarians gathered for the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Quebec.

Iranian and Ugandan delegates at the IPU assembly, including the African nation's Speaker of Parliament, protested Baird's remarks, accusing the minister of meddling in their sovereign affairs at a collegial forum.

Even though the Conservative government has cut off diplomatic relations with Iran and Syria in particular, it could do little to stop the presence of legislators from those countries at the 127th conference of the IPU, which Canada is hosting this year.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DonViejo (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 11:37 PM

3. thanks it looks like this is old news thanks for the link

Ignore this folks

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread