HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I got news for Grover: no...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 08:21 AM

I got news for Grover: no one moves out of California no matter how I wish they would.

The Moar You Know Says:

Norquist knows itís over. He was on the local LA radio the morning after the election and he was PISSED that Prop 30 (we had to vote to raise our own taxes to keep the schools open this year) had not only passed but passed by a fairly substantial vote. He should be pissed. He was such a dick about it, in fact, that the host, whoís a closet wingnut himself, had to finally cut him off as he basically just started insulting Californians, calling us stupid, and saying that everyone would move out of the state.

I got news for Grover: no one moves out of California no matter how I wish they would.
As goes California so goes the nation, and thatís why Grover was so angry. He knows thereís not much time left to run his scam.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2012/11/28/therell-never-be-days-like-that-again/

3 replies, 584 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I got news for Grover: no one moves out of California no matter how I wish they would. (Original post)
kpete Nov 2012 OP
ProgressiveProfessor Nov 2012 #1
justabob Nov 2012 #3
coalition_unwilling Nov 2012 #2

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 10:28 AM

1. Not true

Texas (yeah, those guys) are actively courting California business and counting coup when they win. Its in the media in the DFW area.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ProgressiveProfessor (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 10:38 AM

3. +1

Californians have been heading here in droves for years. Whatever their reasons.... taxes, cost of living, jobs, whatever. Lots of CA transplants in DFW and Texas generally.

Reply to this post

Response to kpete (Original post)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 10:32 AM

2. IIRC, from 2007-09 there was negative population growth in CA, as more people

were leaving than entering due to the extremely severe unemployment rates here and high costs of living.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread