HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Erick Erickson ‘Prayerful...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:39 PM

Erick Erickson ‘Prayerfully Considering’ Primary Run Against Sen. Saxby Chambliss

Erick Erickson is looking at a move from editing RedState to representing a red state. The leading conservative blogger told his radio audience that he is “prayerfully considering” a primary challenge to Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) in 2014.

“What I do know is that Saxby Chambliss has spent twenty years in Washington and in that time has been complicit in growing Washington,” Erickson told local station WMAZ on Tuesday, adding that “significant and prominent conservative groups” had asked him to run. “It’s time for him to come home. Whether it is me or someone else, I hope someone rises to the occasion to challenge him.”

He discussed his grievances with Chambliss in more detail on RedState the same day and offered a preview of his own governing style on Twitter: “If I were a senator I’d object to every , until Obamacare was repealed,” he wrote. “Shut down the Senate lest they shut down America.”

Activists on the right sense blood in the water around Chambliss, especially after he denounced Grover Norquist’s anti-tax pledge this week, saying “I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge.”

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/erick-erickson-saxby-chambliss.php?ref=fpb

2 replies, 450 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Erick Erickson ‘Prayerfully Considering’ Primary Run Against Sen. Saxby Chambliss (Original post)
RandySF Nov 2012 OP
hrmjustin Nov 2012 #1
Warpy Nov 2012 #2

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:42 PM

1. God does not pick sides so he better just decide himself.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:49 PM

2. So is that Karen Whatsherface who ruined Susan B. Komen

by passing a silly policy and taking on Planned Parenthood.

If Sackless gets knocked out by somebody even crazier than he is, it might open the door to a Democrat.

Then again, we're talking about GA.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread