HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Limbaugh today "The...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 PM

Limbaugh today "They Won. They Aren't Going to Touch Entitlements. We Lost. "

He actually said something to the effect that Republicans are in denial and delusional thinking they control the agenda.

"They won" he shouted and "They aren't going to touch entitlements"

It was the weirdest fucking thing. Limbaugh has more confidence in us than we do.

I just hope the Republican party follows along like they usually do.

He also said that we all need to accept they are going to make marijuana legal. He said (really doubt that it is true) that the tobacco companies already tried this way back when, they wanted to put pot in their cigs and call them "Marleys" but Bob Marley stopped them

And he said, legalization is what will happen and it's going to save the Tobacco industry.

It actually gave me hope they are going to legalize everywhere because the Tobacco industry sees $$ the potential and they are working toward acceptance mode.

21 replies, 1651 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 21 replies Author Time Post
Reply Limbaugh today "They Won. They Aren't Going to Touch Entitlements. We Lost. " (Original post)
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 OP
nadinbrzezinski Nov 2012 #1
PragmaticLiberal Nov 2012 #2
Warpy Nov 2012 #3
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #7
hughee99 Nov 2012 #14
Warpy Nov 2012 #15
Freddie Nov 2012 #4
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #9
tjwash Nov 2012 #5
PennsylvaniaMatt Nov 2012 #11
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #17
coalition_unwilling Nov 2012 #19
gollygee Nov 2012 #6
John2 Nov 2012 #8
PennsylvaniaMatt Nov 2012 #10
Initech Nov 2012 #12
Jamaal510 Nov 2012 #13
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #16
woo me with science Nov 2012 #18
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #20
LiberalAndProud Nov 2012 #21

Response to RepublicansRZombies (Original post)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:49 PM

1. Well, you gotta give it to Rush

He is more in reality than Norquist.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nadinbrzezinski (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:51 PM

2. Now that's a scary thought.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:52 PM

3. Tobacco companies copyrighted trade names

back in the 60s and early 70s and keep renewing those copyrights.

I don't know if I'd trust them not to lace joints with nasty tobacco, though. They want to keep their customers addicted, not happy.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:24 PM

7. I don't trust thei either, but it they want to use their lobbying money to get it legalized....

they will still have to let people grow at home...people have their home brew....

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #3)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:47 PM

14. It sounds like it's far cheaper to produce marijuana than tobacco.

why would they want to put a more expensive product in with the cheaper one?

Reply to this post

Response to hughee99 (Reply #14)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 11:07 PM

15. Grass isn't addictive. Tobacco is.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 08:52 PM

4. Hell is freezing over

I agree with Rush and like what he said!

Reply to this post

Response to Freddie (Reply #4)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:26 PM

9. I have been waiting to see what the Republican line would be after two days of guest hosts

and this is what he said, couldn't believe it.

They usually do follow him. Could it be in two days of meetings the talking head/controllers decided that they don't want to be hated and unelectable for twenty years, so they are actually going to give up on cutting entitlements. That would be such a relief.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:04 PM

5. Do youself a favor...use the hide thread feature. You will thank yourself.

There is a lot of confidence here on DU...however like any other message board we have a small yet very vocal left wing version of the teanutters that start thread after thread hating on the dems that don't pass their purity tests. They are the lefts GW Bush types...hard headed thick skulled either-with-us-or-against-us folks that have nothing 'better to do than post unending negativity.

Reply to this post

Response to tjwash (Reply #5)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:20 PM

11. +1

"They are the lefts GW Bush types...hard headed thick skulled either-with-us-or-against-us folks that have nothing 'better to do than post unending negativity."

I could not have said it better! I have seen a lot of this on here lately and I do not like that kind of attitude among us Democrats. Our candidate won, yet there seems to be a lot of negativity and skepticism about President Obama's position in negotiations with Republicans. They must remember...WE WON! I think it is a good thing we have a President who cares more about the implications of Washington's decisions on middle class families than having the "take it or leave it" attitude. Have confidence and have faith!

Reply to this post

Response to PennsylvaniaMatt (Reply #11)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 12:01 PM

17. I have confidence and faith- but Obama needs to be pushed

He said he wants us to push him, just like We the People did during FDR's time.

And I think it is some Democrats in Congress that we have all had enough experience with to not trust, we need to put pressure on them to do the right thing, not wait around and hope.

Reply to this post

Response to tjwash (Reply #5)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 12:08 PM

19. 1% of the U.S. population controls 40% of its wealth and 10% controls 80% of the wealth. Meanwhile,

1 in 5 American children lives in poverty = 'unending negativity'. OK, whatever you say, boss.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:15 PM

6. From his mouth to Obama's ears

Don't give in, Mr. President!

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 09:24 PM

8. Yeah,

he finally sees the hand writing on the Wall. The President must not be scared to go over this so called cliff. If they do go over, all taxes will rise, and the Republican Party will self destruct faster. They will be seen as holding the country hostage for the wealthy. Not only that, 67 percent of the people don't want them to raise the retirement age. People are not stupid. And Mitch Connell is crying because President Obama is exposing them. Why should Tom Cole let Boerhner take him down too?

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:07 PM

10. Wow! Rush has more confidence in Democrats than we do!

Part of me thinks that Rush, deep down inside, is happy that President Obama won so he can continue to "be in the opposition" and "fight against the system" and make his millions for the next 4 years

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:29 PM

12. A guy worth $400 million crying about entitlements??

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:40 PM

13. Why is Rush acting like it's such a bad thing for so-called "entitlements"

to not be touched and for 420 to be legalized? 420 would probably be less unhealthy for him than oxycontin, anyway.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 10:03 AM

16. He also said Republicans need to accept Gay Marriage- 'Gay marriage will be legal everywhere'

He was telling the Republican party to accept that they lost and that the American people are moving on so they need to change their tune.

I am still stunned.

I think he was getting blamed for misleading the party, now he is trying to remain relevant so he doesn't get kicked off the air.

My husband thinks some hacker interfered with his programming and he has no idea what he is saying.

I'll listen again today(only takes 5 minutes- he repeats everything the rest of the show) and see what the meme is.

This just seems so promising, like they might actually snap out of their denial and move forward with the rest of humanity.

I am sure it is a trick though, or trying to regain relevancy for the Jeb presidency.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 12:03 PM

18. Read the corporate propaganda in that.

We are being propagandized to be grateful and consider ourselves winners if we are spared one more blow, in the context of a larger austerity deal that never should have been entertained in the first place. What have we won here? That certain of our safety nets may not be slashed this time, while trillions in austerity are inflicted on our cities and people? What have we won?

All the rhetoric is being set up to get Democrats to praise the President if he merely *refrains* from taking this or that additional bludgeon to the poor and middle classes.

This is how far we have been suckered to the right. Social Security and Medicare were used by Democrats as hostages to obtain an austerity deal. And all we hear now, from both corporate sides, is that we should be grateful and consider it a great victory if we can just elicit from our Democratic President a promise not to ATTACK us in one way or another. We are suckered to welcome and celebrate a new round of austerity, as long as we get a promise that *certain* attacks on the poor and elderly may not be included.

We are urged to be grateful for the withholding of a specific blow, but convinced that the larger beating is inevitable.

What we are owed is a complete change in rhetoric and in direction. We are owed passionate, public acknowledgement of the truth about how we have been looted and robbed and impoverished for 30 years, with all of our wealth going to a few greedy pigs at the top. We are owed a sweeping, passionate, and sustained correction of the economic LIES that we have been hearing for 30 years. And we are owed a sustained, serious campaign of action to REVERSE the structural changes of the past 30 years and the damage that has been perpetrated on millions of Americans.

How will we be helped?

Reply to this post

Response to woo me with science (Reply #18)

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 01:08 PM

20. I hear ya, I agree with you and I think the last paragraph should be it's own OP

It's just that most Republicans still think they won and they are calling the shots so I though it was a good step forward that they are coming out of denial.

Now we clearly need to take a look at what they have done to the country and make them own up to it, not just do a little less of it.

And it is Democrats in Congress that keep repeating their lies that we have to hold to account right now.

Reply to this post

Thu Nov 29, 2012, 01:11 PM

21. It is the very odd day that I find myself hoping the Rush is right.

That's just ...

The pessimist in me knows how often Rush is wrong. I hope ... stopped clock and all that.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread