HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Members of minority relig...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 01:30 PM

Members of minority religion sentenced to death for criticizing majority religion

One of the many sad/funny aspects of the anti-Mohammad youtube video thing is the refusal, in some quarters, to grasp that Christianity in Egypt is not a majority religion of American southern whites.

Coptic Christians in Egypt are a small and persecuted minority. I have never understood why I was supposed to side with a majoritarian theocracy against somebody putting a video on youtube... and still don't.

But good news! Finally justice.

Egyptian Christians sentenced to death for anti-Islam film
Source: Reuters

(Reuters) - A Cairo court on Wednesday sentenced to death seven Egyptian Christians tried in absentia for participating in an anti-Islam video that was released on the Internet in September and had prompted violent protests in many Muslim countries.

"The seven accused persons were convicted of insulting the Islamic religion through participating in producing and offering a movie that insults Islam and its prophet," Judge Saif al-Nasr Soliman said.

Read more: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/11/28/uk-egypt-christians-court-idUKBRE8AR0EZ20121128

4 replies, 541 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Members of minority religion sentenced to death for criticizing majority religion (Original post)
cthulu2016 Nov 2012 OP
Speck Tater Nov 2012 #1
Politicalboi Nov 2012 #2
ladjf Nov 2012 #3
msongs Nov 2012 #4

Response to cthulu2016 (Original post)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 01:33 PM

1. From the title I thought this was about the Spanish Inquisition.

Or the Salem witch trials.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Speck Tater (Reply #1)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 01:34 PM

2. I thought it was about

A red state.

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 02:00 PM

3. Theocracy at it's worst. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 02:10 PM

4. death for insulting a superstition?coming to a USA near you if religion believers get their ways nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread