HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Grover Norquist's Budget ...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 AM

Grover Norquist's Budget Is Largely Financed by Just Two Billionaire-Backed Nonprofits

http://www.thenation.com/blog/171475/grover-norquists-budget-largely-financed-just-two-billionaire-backed-nonprofits

***SNIP

The disclosures show that only two billionaire-backed groups have provided over 66 percent of Norquist’s funding:

• The Center to Protect Patients Rights donated $4,189,000 to Americans for Tax Reform in 2010, 34 percent of the group’s budget that year.

• Crossroads GPS donated $4,000,000 to Americans for Tax Reform in 2010, 32.46 percent of the group’s budget that year.

The Center to Protect Patients Rights is the foundation used by the billionaire clique led by the Koch brothers to distribute grants to allied groups. In 2010, wealthy moguls like Steve Bechtel of Bechtel Corporation and Steve Schwarzman of the Blackstone Group met behind closed doors to help lend money to these types of efforts.

1 replies, 1022 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Grover Norquist's Budget Is Largely Financed by Just Two Billionaire-Backed Nonprofits (Original post)
xchrom Nov 2012 OP
Tsiyu Nov 2012 #1

Response to xchrom (Original post)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 10:30 AM

1. Billionaires of course

A handful of them want us all to starve and die.

I'm into curses this morning. Bad dreams last night....so

I'm cursing them too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread