HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Thugs will be punishe...

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:22 PM

The Thugs will be punished again in 2014?

O.K. But that should not satisfy any Progressive. They are continuing to be obstructionists without missing a beat. There is no better time to be completely anti-republican policy than now. We should without a doubt blow up the filibuster. It's been deadly since Obama took office, so how could it get worse?

If landslide election victories mean nothing, why the hell should I vote?

14 replies, 922 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Thugs will be punished again in 2014? (Original post)
salinen Nov 2012 OP
still_one Nov 2012 #1
hrmjustin Nov 2012 #2
IDoMath Nov 2012 #3
Baitball Blogger Nov 2012 #4
KharmaTrain Nov 2012 #5
salinen Nov 2012 #10
KharmaTrain Nov 2012 #12
abelenkpe Nov 2012 #6
salinen Nov 2012 #9
catbyte Nov 2012 #7
salinen Nov 2012 #8
upi402 Nov 2012 #11
backscatter712 Nov 2012 #13
ProgressiveProfessor Nov 2012 #14

Response to salinen (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:24 PM

1. First of all the new Congress hasn't started. When it does, we will see

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:28 PM

2. We need every vote. Lets see what happens first.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:33 PM

3. I agree. It's time to start moving leftward again.

Enough of racing to the right. Time to be progressive again.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:34 PM

4. kick

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:37 PM

5. Apathy Is Sure To Set In...

As we see here, no sooner than the President is re-elected, the "pony riders" start showing. They have their special interest that the President isn't doing anything or enough about or isn't doing things the way they want. We'll soon hear about how hard this person worked and how they feel their vote was wasted...la di da. Some may be warranted and surely the angst here will once again lead to some nasty flame wars and Monday morning quarterbacking. Overall, this, and Democrats in general, are a diverse group who united to prevent this country from going over the fiscal and moral abyss, but now to the victor goes the spoils...and as is the case in every feast, someone will never feel like they got their "fair share" or liked where they're seated at the table.

I'm hoping that OFA, the DNC, DCCC and DSCC do keep up the pressure...not to let things slide in '14 like they did in '10. Hopefully the rushpublicans will assist in their ongoing obstructionism and attacks on anyone who isn't an angry old white guy.

Cheers...

Reply to this post

Response to KharmaTrain (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:15 PM

10. I'm saying

we won big. But you can't just sit back because the thugs only know how to be thugs. I keep hearing that if obstruction continues, then the thugs will be further punished at the polls. That may satisfy some, but not me. That's too far away.

Reply to this post

Response to salinen (Reply #10)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:29 PM

12. I Expect Things To Be A Bit Different...

...and a good part of it is because the President's re-election affirmed the need to move this country in a direction different than what the rushpublicans dream of. It meant more people understood the mess President Obama inherited in '09 and that giving them power again was sure ruin for the economy. Without having to worry about another election, the President can, and I expect, will be a lot more aggressive in pushing through a wide range of legislation...similar to what Bill Clinton did in the 90s...forcing the rushpublicans to put up or shut up.

I'm hoping people learned from '10...and that there will be a stronger push to remove more teabaggers and retake the House. History says this is a big mountain to climb as few Presidents in their 6th year see their party gain seats...look at what happened to boooosh in '06. However, we're seeing how the great unhinged still haven't figured out why they lost and will continue to poke sticks in the eyes of the coalition that defeated them two weeks ago and will continue to suffer at the ballot box. The key is how many red state women, hispanics, blacks and other groups will be energized to show at the polls...that is what will make a big difference...

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:07 PM

6. Please continue to vote

And encourage others to as well. I'd certainly enjoy seeing the republicans lose yet again

Reply to this post

Response to abelenkpe (Reply #6)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:13 PM

9. It sure was

and I want there big loss to mean something.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:08 PM

7. If we can overcome gerrymandering we have a chance

I think the House could be seriously in play on the strength of the Republican War on Women alone. With more states going Red, we're sure to see more horrific legislation like Ohio's Fetal Heartbeat bill (hello Ireland), de-funding Planned Parenthood, and my state's ludicrous tax break for fetuses--which is currently bogged down in committee but the chair promised to bring it up next year. I am convinced we women are the key.

Reply to this post

Response to catbyte (Reply #7)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:12 PM

8. and minorities

you gals did great.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:23 PM

11. Agree

The facade of Dems pretending to be - trying to be bipartisan - is insulting.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:35 PM

13. Don't get complacent.

Remember right after 2008 when Obama first took office, we had control of both houses of Congress, we now had the presidency, the Republicans were utterly crushed, and we thought we were invincible. It only took two years before the GOP came back with the Tea Party and retook Congress.

Do. Not. Get. Complacent.

It is clear that we're going to have to fight tooth and nail and wrest every inch of territory from the rethugs by force.

Reply to this post

Response to backscatter712 (Reply #13)

Wed Nov 28, 2012, 11:02 AM

14. I am glad to see that someone remembers recent history

I expect that it will be hotly contested (as always) and there is no way to tell which way it will go.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread