HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Republican Party is a...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 09:32 PM

The Republican Party is an intractable, insatiable enemy of all that is good and right...

They have demonstrated, even in defeat, that hey are willing to jeopardize the welfare of the entire nation, the entire world, to get what they want. They consider us, their ideological opponents, to be utterly subhuman.

Their heinous actions make me tempted to regard them in a similar way.

But I refuse to be brought down to their base level... Which brings me to my point.

What is to be done with the utterly treasonous bastards who currently comprise the membership of the Republican party? I don't speak of the rank-and-file Republicans, who are largely mere useful idiots, but rather the "leadership" of their ilk, who are so craven and so unconcerned with our collective future that they will be defiant to the last, even when staring into the abyss.

What shall we, as Democrats, do as a portion of civilized society, to contain their destructive nature from consuming us all?

We are rapidly approaching a point where the usual political remedies will be totally insufficient to repair the harm that they *will* inflict if they are afforded the opportunity.

So, what say you, readers? What can, should, must be done to rein them in from destroying us all?

3 replies, 319 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Republican Party is an intractable, insatiable enemy of all that is good and right... (Original post)
Marmitist Nov 2012 OP
Marmitist Nov 2012 #1
kentuck Nov 2012 #2
badtoworse Nov 2012 #3

Response to Marmitist (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:06 PM

1. Anyone?

Bueller?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:08 PM

2. Therefore...

we should seek compromise?

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:34 PM

3. You cut the best deal you can get...

and accept the fact that they are not going to just roll over. There has to be a deal and that means neither side is going to get everything it wants.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread