HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Former ‘Family Values’ GO...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:55 PM

Former ‘Family Values’ GOP Candidate Arrested For Wife Beating

Former ‘Family Values’ GOP Candidate Arrested For Wife Beating
2012/11/27
By Nathaniel Downes

Oh, Brad Staats, not only were you compensating for something by flashing your gun during the campaign, now that you’ve soundly lost by a 2 to 1 margin for the 5th District of Tennessee against incumbent Jim Cooper, you return to your normal life by slapping your wife and throwing her on the bed.

On Sunday morning, police were called to the Staats household by his wife, Bethany. When they arrived, they found her sporting fresh bruises. When they asked Brad about the injuries, first he dismissed them, then claimed it was that she had fallen on to the bed. He was then taken into custody, resulting in yet another mugshot to add to the Republican gallery as he was booked at 3am:

It is a small man who feels powerful only while holding a gun. It is also a small man who feels the need to beat their wife. These are the sign of a bully, simple as that. Brad Staats is showing himself as little more than a common thug, and an ill-educated one at that.

For those who recall, he posted a picture of his gun on his Facebook page saying “Welcome to Tennessee Mr. Obama” in response to a non-existent “UN Small Arms Treaty” popular among conspiracy theorists on the right.

read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/27/family-values-wife-beating/

2 replies, 780 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Former ‘Family Values’ GOP Candidate Arrested For Wife Beating (Original post)
Incitatus Nov 2012 OP
Angry Dragon Nov 2012 #1
Squinch Nov 2012 #2

Response to Incitatus (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:58 PM

1. I will vote for him

One vote for life in prison for him
I hope he wins this election

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Incitatus (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:58 PM

2. Shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Right wingers hate women. If they didn't, they'd be left wingers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread