HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Santorum’s new cause: opp...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:57 PM

Santorum’s new cause: opposing the disabled

By Dana Milbank,

President-unelect Rick Santorum made his triumphant return to the Capitol on Monday afternoon and took up a brave new cause: He is opposing disabled people.

Specifically, Santorum, joined by Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), declared his wish that the Senate reject the U.N. Convention on the Rights of Persons With Disabilities — a human rights treaty negotiated during George W. Bush’s administration and ratified by 126 nations, including China, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Syria and Saudi Arabia.

The former presidential candidate pronounced his “grave concerns” about the treaty, which forbids discrimination against people with AIDS, who are blind, who use wheelchairs and the like. “This is a direct assault on us,” he declared at a news conference.

Lee, a tea party favorite, said he, too, has “grave concerns” about the document’s threat to American sovereignty. “I will do everything I can to block its ratification, and I have secured the signatures of 36 Republican senators, all of whom have joined with me saying that we will oppose any ratification of any treaty during this lame-duck session.”

more
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/santorums-new-cause-opposing-the-disabled/2012/11/26/9ab0605a-3829-11e2-b01f-5f55b193f58f_story.html

Santorum and his buddies-lower than whale shit at the bottom of the ocean. Frothy mix needs to go away.

4 replies, 743 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Santorum’s new cause: opposing the disabled (Original post)
n2doc Nov 2012 OP
Fridays Child Nov 2012 #1
Angry Dragon Nov 2012 #2
Berlum Nov 2012 #3
left on green only Nov 2012 #4

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:00 PM

1. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the new post-election, morally enlightened Republican party.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:01 PM

2. Since when is santorum in Congress??

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:04 PM

3. Ricky SanctimoniouScum (R) in search of Sick People to Kick

While he protects the Deviant Rich (R). No wonder Republicans are in Total Dishonor.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 02:04 PM

4. Why is anyone even paying attention to anything that excuse for a human being says anymore?

Last edited Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:12 PM - Edit history (1)

Hasn't he already had his 15 minutes of relativity?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread