HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republican Lawmaker and A...

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:13 PM

Republican Lawmaker and AG's Want States To Prevent Obama’s Re-Election

These people are NUTS

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/11/27/1242261/idaho-lawmaker-wants-states-to-prevent-obamas-re-election/
One Idaho state lawmaker is still in denial over election results and would like to see states challenge the legitimacy of Obama’s reelection. Last week, Idaho State Sen. Sheryl Nuxoll (R) amplified a debunked theory circulating Tea Party blogs, that claims Romney still has a chance to win if enough states refuse to participate in the Electoral College.

Even though Obama won 51 percent of the popular vote, by Nuxoll’s reasoning, “states are going to have to stand up for our individual rights and for our collective rights” because he is “depriving us of our freedoms.”

Then apparently Obama STOLE THE ELECTION

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/11/27/1240681/virginia-attorney-general-suggests-obama-stole-the-election/

JACOBUS: There needs to be a way for people to be able to report this stuff and have it looked into. I mean, just across the country, we’re hearing so many stories. And people can talk about it, but nothing seems to be done. And, in fact in these states where voter ID is required to vote…

WILSON: Photo ID.

JACOBUS: Photo ID. Voter photo ID. Obama lost every one of those states. He can’t win a state where photo ID is required. So clearly there’s something going on out there and until there’s a way to have something done about it where when you report it, you know it’s going to be looked into, the other side just says “Oh, well, you’re just poor losers,” and that sort of thing.

I just woke up and thought I would check thinkprogress. Those are the first links I saw what did I wake up to? I rather go back to sleep and not wake up. These people haven't learned their lesson.

9 replies, 768 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Dems50State (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:17 PM

1. It is very important every dem show up at the mid elections. Give them a beat down

on a couple more elections then maybe they will get it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to southernyankeebelle (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:32 PM

4. I completely agree. Regardless of how the fiscal fight goes, people can't sit out the mid-terms.

We need to take back state houses and legislatures and the US House and hold the Senate. The stakes are too high.

Progressives and extreme Left, I challenge you. If the fiscal agreement is not what you want, you're going to be pissed. But do you realize that not participating in organizing and sitting out the mid-term are the very last things you should do? The reason why is twofold, first you eliminate the possibility that you can vote more progressives into Congress and may be the Senate. Second, you almost surely insure the election of the most conservative variety of republican to Congress.

Reply to this post

Response to bluestate10 (Reply #4)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:50 PM

8. So true. We have to keep it up ourselves. We have to hold each others feet to the fire.

Imperative we get the vote out again and again. Also very important we start voting locally for dems to get germandering back to being equal areas.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:24 PM

2. I'm still trying to figure out how an election can be "stolen"

in those states where photo ID is not required (like my state, Minnesota). When I show up to vote, the person at the desk asks me my name and address. She looks it up in her list, then has me sign after my name. That's it. If someone else were to sign in and vote as me, they'd first have to know my address as well as my name, and they'd also run the risk that I'd already signed in and voted so when they claimed to be me they'd be busted. Alternatively, if they got there first and signed in and voted as me, and then I showed up to vote and was able to prove who I was, I'd be able to submit a provisional ballot and vote anyhow. The thing is, I've been voting since the '70s and I've never had to show an ID and I've never had anyone pretend to be me and vote in my place. More importantly, I've never, ever heard of that happening to anybody and I can't imagine the circumstances that would make someone do it. That sort of ID fraud would have to be extremely widespread for it to affect an election, and it's completely unheard of. So - WTF, Republicans??

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #2)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:40 PM

6. That is exactly how my state works. My name and address is on the books at one and only one

polling station. If I go somewhere else, I can't vote. My name gets checked off when I pick up my ballot and again when I deliver my ballot to the scanning machine. There is no way that I could vote twice and if I tried, my station has a cop or security guard posted that would arrest me. Republicans are full of shit and are trying to deny americans that may not vote for them the right to vote.

BTW. Several years back my polling location got changed due to redistricting. I was too busy with business to read the mailers that my town registrar sent out and went to the wrong polling station on election day. The staff at the table asked my name and address and immediately knew that I didn't belong at the station that I was at. They were helpful and pointed out where I should go. I scrambled, and got to the right station just before the line for voting was shutdown.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:27 PM

3. These people haven't learned their lesson.

They won't either...They lack that ability......

Reply to this post

Response to Flashmann (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:45 PM

7. They realize that their message won't attract modern voters.

So they work to deny students, young people, minorities the right to vote. They will allow the elderly to vote as long as that group continues to vote more for them than democrats, but that group, like angry men, is dying off. They are screwed and people like John Huntsman and Steve Schultz realize that and are desperately trying to get the party to change course. But the republican party won't change because it is led by extremists at every level.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:34 PM

5. “states are going to have to stand up for our individual rights

and for our collective rights” because he is “depriving us of our freedoms.”

So, to Nuxull it only matters that HER side lost and because they lost President Obama is “depriving us (them) of our (their) freedoms.” But reversing the election and giving it to Romney, despite Obama winning the popular vote, isn't doing the same to those who elected the President by a majority?

Sometimes I want to find the nearest republican asshole and wring his fucking neck for being so fucking stupid and selfish.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:20 PM

9. All those states with voter ID

Dems don't win - so the fact that he didn't win is moot...it's not because of the ID's

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread