HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I keep hearing the modern...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:05 AM

I keep hearing the modern gop ...

making reference to "not wanting to allow the U.S. to become another Greece."

Why doesn't any new outlet ask the obvious question:

(With the typical rw slant) Okay ... If Greece's economy has been crushed by her massive social programming; how is instituting austerity making the situation any better?

It hasn't ... in fact, it has made matters worse; much worse.

Then follow up with:

So if austerity isn't working in Greece, or Spain, or Ireland, or anywhere else in the EU; and anti-austerity, i.e., stimulus spending, has worked in Iceland and the U.S., why are you proposing austerity for the U.S.?

Yes ... Greece is an object lesson in economics; but the "journalists" are promoting the exact wrong lesson.

2 replies, 337 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I keep hearing the modern gop ... (Original post)
1StrongBlackMan Nov 2012 OP
RepublicansRZombies Nov 2012 #1
ROBROX Nov 2012 #2

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:38 AM

1. If all the countries around the world have been giving so much money to poor people they are broke

How is it that Bankers and 1%ers have 30 Trillion stashed in the Cayman Islands?

1%ers are hoarding record amounts of money, because countries have been spending too much helping poor people? Right.

What we should be seeing is hoards of well off poor people...but there is no evidence of that.

The evidence shows that 1%ers have made a global move to loot every nation and blame it on poor people.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to 1StrongBlackMan (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 03:56 PM

2. IT IS TIME TO PAY THE BILL

I say cancel all debt private or public and the world starts off with a clean slate. This may make the banks and 1% mad but it sure will make 6 billion happy people. Then we can start spending money for a GREAT future without debt. If majority rules than this will be a united nations venture.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread