HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » McCain, Graham, Ayotte, a...
Introducing Discussionist: A new forum by the creators of DU

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:33 AM

McCain, Graham, Ayotte, and Rice

The four are, as I write this, in a closed door meeting. Accompanying Rice is the acting CIA director.

Thoughts?

14 replies, 1090 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Stinky The Clown (Original post)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 AM

1. Gilbert and Sullivan should be around to capture this.

Ridiculous bullshit.

--imm

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to immoderate (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:58 AM

7. You know who they are?

McCain and Graham are
Frodo and Bilbo Baggers

Reply to this post

Response to SummerSnow (Reply #7)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 04:54 PM

14. G & S wrote satirical operettas. See HMS Pinafore.

They would have had a blast with this scene.

--imm

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:40 AM

2. Nothing good can come of this.

McCain....lies. That is a know fact. Why meet behind closed doors. Maybe they are going to let grandpa know that the whole attack was set up by Shooter so that the rethugs would have something to talk about in the last two months of the election. Pretty ironic that this was on the 911....the rethuglicans favorite day to politicize.

Reply to this post

Response to peace13 (Reply #2)

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:48 AM

4. Oops! Never mind! Apparently the men are now even MORE insane.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:47 AM

3. She is doing this to end the smear on her name because she did nothing wrong

I think it likely that this could be the preface to being formally nominated as SOS. However, it is something that anyone (even without the SOS possibility) would want to do. She is a serious professional whose reputation - especially with Congress is important.

I would far prefer Kerry get the offer as he clearly has the gravitas and diplomatic personality as well as experience, but that is Obama's choice. My only complaint on Obama on this is that in both 2008 and this year, he clearly did not signal to Kerry that he was not the choice. Doing so would have let Kerry take his name out citing any personal reason or Massachusetts needing him. Given all Kerry has done for Obama, that would have been very little to ask. I personally have hated the satories over the last 4 years that every major thing Kerry undertook was a "test" for SOS - even though NO ONE else was seen as being given tests and he always succeeded. (The media was even ready to blame Kerry for OBAMA's poor performance in teh first debate.)

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:51 AM

5. The Three Musketeers are doubling down

and are saying they are more concerned now about Rice's presentation re: Behghazi and they are furious.

I fucking hate these people.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 10:55 AM

6. "Significantly Troubled by the Answers" "More Troubled Today Than I Was Before" . . . . Etcetera.

Fuck you, Johnny.

Fuck you, Gomer.

Kelly, you just aren't the same calibre fuckwad as the two who have you carrying their briefcase. The wetness behind your ears, however, is very pretty as it catches the light.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

8. i hope when they got behind closed doors, Susan Rice told the three pubs to go fuck themselves

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:02 AM

9. Witch hunt. More ammo for them to continue to spew as they twist her words and meaning nt

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:05 AM

10. They are so ENTRENCHED....

That no matter what Susan Rice had said, they would have said the same thing, "I am more scared about what happened 16 of September than I was then.".

Graham has GOT TO GO.
Ayotte has GOT TO GO.
McCain has GOT TO GO.

The people who were killed elected to be there, there are risks associated with the jobs they held. It is a tradegy that they died but this has become a SIDESHOW. I am over this, and I will do everything I can, donate every dime I can to defeat these fools who are blocking the progress of government.

ANGRY....

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:07 AM

11. once again, even tho we are the "majority" the minority has more representation

Why should they answer to McCain and Poodle? It's only more fodder for their nitpicking crusade.

They should be ignored.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 11:10 AM

12. I am sure they want to let Ms Rice know her "place"

racist assholes!

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 27, 2012, 01:03 PM

13. Benghazi is all they have tot argue against Obama's fp, she is unfortunately collateral damage in

their eyes. They may see her appearances as partly stemming the "scandal" they hoped would put Romney in the White House. In fact, it would seem to have been the Libya question in the second debate, McCain is STILL arguing that Obama lied - even though the not left leaning Candy Crowley agreed.

One thing NOT considered is that this action may well tip Obama's choice to Rice - though Kerry was seen as the frontrunner by most pundits and even more from Senators on both sides of the aisle. If you took the logic of the Clinton appointment - based on name recognition, not foreign policy experience, Kerry is the obvious better known, more diplomatic choice, In fact, for SOS, the only near mainstream criticism of Kerry vs Rice is that he has been against more "interventions" than Rice - Bill Kristol.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread